Bought a cat

I have to say that I had second thoughts after paying $25.00 for what amounts to $0.60 worth of photocopies. But then I realized the pain is not caused by the sharing but in paying the highway robbery in the first place.

A couple of noteworthy things:

The SSSCATII rear sprocket is one piece. I had envisioned from our previous discussion two pieces with off set holes (due to the fact there are six bolt holes drilled in some of the rims I have. I suppose that is why they are so hard to find. Nobody makes a #41 54 tooth sprocket with 4" brake drum drilled for 3.25 centers.

The climber has a pad under the gas tank. I wonder what the original was made of. My SSSCAT tank on the climber frame was making dull clunking noises over large bumps or rough terrain. I put some adhesive backed grip tape on the frame to deaden it...worked pretty good. The tank is not loose at all, just the flexing caused some noise.

Both diagrams have the front fender on backwards. Not sure what that's all about. :confused:

... Nobody makes a #41 54 tooth sprocket with 4" brake drum drilled for 3.25 centers.
Looking closer. The SSSCATII used a #35 chain. It doesn't list the number of teeth for the front or rear sprocket but I would imagine they are the equivalent of a #41 10 / 54 which I guess would be #35 12 / 72? Maybe Ding Ding can fill me in...

That's really interesting. Perhaps the 41 chain on the climber because of it's off road intentions.

How cool would it be to find a NOS tool bag. I wonder how the tool case was mounted under the seat.

I have to say that I had second thoughts after paying $25.00 for what amounts to $0.60 worth of photocopies. But then I realized the pain is not caused by the sharing but in paying the highway robbery in the first place.

A couple of noteworthy things:

The SSSCATII rear sprocket is one piece. I had envisioned from our previous discussion two pieces with off set holes (due to the fact there are six bolt holes drilled in some of the rims I have. I suppose that is why they are so hard to find. Nobody makes a #41 54 tooth sprocket with 4" brake drum drilled for 3.25 centers.

The climber has a pad under the gas tank. I wonder what the original was made of. My SSSCAT tank on the climber frame was making dull clunking noises over large bumps or rough terrain. I put some adhesive backed grip tape on the frame to deaden it...worked pretty good. The tank is not loose at all, just the flexing caused some noise.

Both diagrams have the front fender on backwards. Not sure what that's all about. :confused:
I bought a climber tank, it came with the padding. It was a piece of leather that was shaped to the frame and tank. I believe it to be the original padding.