Bought this bike yesterday

That is a Sportsman, they were made in Denver Co. Yours is a 600 or 700 model, but it looks like it’s been raked out like a chopper.
Thanks. I've been trying to find information about the bike or the company online and the only thing I've found was a post on here that had a lil add. The bike on the add looks very similar but they're both have a lot of differences too e.g. the rear suspension.

I'm assuming this company was only around a few years and probably didn't make very many.

Anyone have any more info on the company? I'd enjoy researching it.

There were several models starting in the early 60’s, The model 300 was common early model. The 500 was a best seller, the sportsman version of the TG 500 minigote. The 600 and 700 were competitors to the Bearkat Twister, TG 750 and other trail scooters in races held mostly in Utah, Colorado, Arizona and California.

Got the engine running today. I bought a new carb for $18 on Amazon and put a new spark plug on it.

Now, I'm trying to figure out the next best step. Do I put the chains on it and throttle and brakes and get her running or tear it apart and clean everything up, then put it back together?

Davis

I got mine running and I should be able to drive it tomorrow after I get some parts in the mail.

That said, you're not wrong. Did you buy that one at the fest? How much if you don't mind? I got mine for a fair price imo.
No that was my bike for sale. I know for a fact it runs harder than any bike you saw there. Also it’s not a project. It’s 100% complete original gote.