Boy, your going to carry that weight,cary that waight a long time...

I ordered a complete rack set for my friends Coleman CT200U-EX bike which came in today. I'll install it on his bike for a surprise when we go riding again this Wednesday in the mountains. Front and rear racks, longer rear axel and support brackets for 40 bucks. Hard to beat today.
I found a source for heavy duty wire baskets that fit the rear rack perfectly and can hold up to 50 pounds off-road. I use a strip of conveyor belt material between the basket and the rack which really stops vibrations and paint wear. I also line the basket with conveyor belting to hold all the items in place and prevent damage to them or the basket over the rocks and boulders as we ride. The basket is steel wired into place and is rock solid ( no pun intended) and on my bike has taken on hell-of-a-beatin and is very strong with no movement at all. I can carry my First Aid Kit, tools, spare belt,spark plug, extra chain,master links, tire pump, patch kit, Permits, spare camera battery ,spare camera,radios, cell phone charger and cable. spare drinking water and one gallon of gasoline with space left over.
I think he will like it. He has gotten the"Trail Riding" bug real bad.....

SAS289

Wow. I'm not sure if you should change gearing at all with all that weight in back of the rear tire.

So you can't figure a way to get a front rack to work on either bike?