Brand new chain is now stiff / ceased

I have three go kart with 6.5 Predator engines just regular karts. I went to tractor supply and got new #40 chain and installed it on all three. After two days of riding the chain on all three is stiff and seized I can make zigzags with the chain and it will hold still? Did I just buy cheap chain from tractor supply or am I missing something? Thank you

Cheap chain.
RLV makes good strong chain, either Gold on Black or Gold on Gold Xtreme chain. Costs more of course but is worth it.
JMO Danford1

D.I.D. Racing offers great chain as well. No #40 chain though. Maybe new sprockets and any recommended brand #420 chain? Our predator powered rat rod mini runs #420 just fine.

My thoughts are to use the best quality chain available, it may save you from the miserable task of pushing your bike out of the woods to get home. Last year I put a cheap chain on one of my bikes and the side plate split with only 15 minutes of use.

65ShelbyClone

Chain strength isn't the issue here, binding is.

I have three go kart with 6.5 Predator engines just regular karts. I went to tractor supply and got new #40 chain and installed it on all three. After two days of riding the chain on all three is stiff and seized I can make zigzags with the chain and it will hold still? Did I just buy cheap chain from tractor supply or am I missing something? Thank you
Did the chain move freely when you installed it?
Did you put chain lube or oil or anything on it first? I have a few packs of TS chain and it's not very oily.
Have you been running offroad?
Has the chain gotten wet?
Has your mail been getting misrouted?