brand new predator with honda piston

hey guys/gals i read somewhere on here i can reduce to the vibration in the predator engine by installing a honda piston. lets hope this is true. here's what i have, a brand new predator 212cc engine, straight pipe header, and the basic intake with angled filter. i did not fire engine out of the box until header and intake were installed. i still need to jet the carb. but i want/need to know if this honda piston thing really works and also which piston/rings do i need.part #'s ect. thank you for your time

Good luck with this one, Would like to see pics of your mod's progress, personally, I wouldn't mod my new Pred. engine, but I am interested in the results,,,,
dave dickson

I also think its going to take more than a piston to stop the vibration . The vibration is a freebe straight from china . If you want to get rid of the vibration then keep taking it back to HF till you get a smooth one , they are not all the same .

Good luck with it .:thumbsup:

Plunder

No no no, Predator 212 is specifically made with parts that will not interchange with Honda. Cylinder bore and crankshaft length are two of 'em. The reason for this has to do with legal issues Honda imposed to keep the clone market down and their customers loyal.
Do some research on YouTube to find out what you can and can not interchange, or just search your store(s) for Predator parts first, then Honda. Predator engines are made with cheaper materials/metals (what would you expect for $100 as opposed to $350 for a Honda) but, the aftermarket parts quality for both engines are the same.
If you're not building a racing engine don't worry so much about vibration, we all have to deal with it. Just keep your nuts tightened down...
BTW, all single cylinder engines are going to vibrate. :rockon:

Last edited:

vwfan79

A Honda piston won't work but wiseco makes a flat top with a little bit longer arc rod, it sells for about $200. Don't know that it will help you vibration though, my Honda vibrate too, just not quite as bad as my predators.

The reason I posted this is because I read another post on here where someone mentioned installing a honda piston in a predator. I can't find the post anymore so I thought maybe some info would surface.my gx 160 is like butter compared to this china motor.i don't think I will be buying another Chinese boat anchor again.thanks for your help guys/gals

Maybe you are thinking the Gx200 crank.....

That would yield a 208cc clone, but I am not sure if it would solve your vibration trouble.

AT what RPM is it shaking the most?

the thing is all engines are goingto vibrate, just gotta get used to it or tune it better iif you can, my pred on my kart vibrates only at idle when top speed its smooth

Mounts and things that resonate on the frame can contribute to a problem as well.

I have some vibration issues bit they smooth out when the engine is running off idle.

I notice something is wrong like a loose header when the vibration changes and becomes worse.