BRIGGS 3.5 hp

I have an old mini bike that had a friction brake cut off, it has a briggs and stratton 3.5 hp motor but the clutch brakes dont bolt up. What is everyone else using as a brake or is it going to be a custom bracket for the friction clutch brake?

Doc1976

main choices are disc, drum, band. not in that order. the Azusa drum kits are better at slowing you down rather than stopping...…..the quality is not the best. disc setups for the old bikes is a little tricky. clutch band brakes work great, but if you loose your chain you have no brakes. I have used drum bands at the wheel before with great success, as well as on the jackshaft if you have one. all that being said...…….just make a bracket to attach the clutch band brake to and be done with it. here is a couple shots of ones i've done over the years. the one in the last photo on the predator motor illustrates the way I do all my clutch brakes now as far as the orientation of the mounting and pivot points that allows the spring to be installed without it rubbing the clutch.

Doc1976

I may even have the template laying around for the mounting plate for your 3.5 briggs. If you need it I can send you a copy of it...…..If I can find it

Doc1976

If you could find a template that would be awesome.
The template I've got really won't help you. It's only the template of the mounting holes to attach the bracket to the engine case, not any of the mounting for the band itself. Sorry.