Briggs 3 Horse Carb or Kit

Just getting back to working on this little 3 horse I've had sitting around probably from the mid 60's and it's a nice clean maroon survivor, it ran good but I gave it to my buddy to run temporarily on a mini bike and he screwed up the main jet really bad (tightened it down with a wrench) so I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a new carb or carb kit that has a new jet and needle. Looks like the plastic choke lever is also broken but I think it was like that before. Model is 81302 and the type is 943546

Got a new carb in the mail (thanks again Mike!) and got it installed a week or two ago. Only issue I'm having is the needle and seat isn't sealing well at all. Is there any way to fix that? Both carbs have the same style setup with a plastic needle that has a loop on the end. I had a rebuild kit and used the new seat from that but the needle looked like the type from a Tecumseh motor that needs a little clip to hold it to the float. Any ideas? I can try to take some pictures of what I mean if that helps. Maybe I need a different style float?

old shed finds

These look fun and fancy but we can never get them to run right this is a 3hp too....This has a surge that want go away for nothing amazing that is doesn't leak...... Just want run Lol...
In a hour from now were trading the whole bike to my friends that want it for a Bonham Nova shaft driven Tote Gote Yea !#

Attachments

These look fun and fancy but we can never get them to run right this is a 3hp too....This has a surge that want go away for nothing amazing that is doesn't leak...... Just want run Lol...
In a hour from now were trading the whole bike to my friends that want it for a Bonham Nova shaft driven Tote Gote Yea !#
This one actually ran perfect before my friend screwed up the carb on it! I think it was actually much easier to get running good than any Tecumseh I've had! It runs great now too apart from overflowing.

old shed finds

I have had the same problem.
Cleaned the needle jet and replace the float and both but still leak.
Our member Trotter explain that its the internal orifice sealing point that lets the fuel overflow. ..
When they are happy and running correct they do rev and pull strong.

I have had the same problem.
Cleaned the needle jet and replace the float and both but still leak.
Our member Trotter explain that its the internal orifice sealing point that lets the fuel overflow. ..
When they are happy and running correct they do rev and pull strong.
Is there any way to get it to stop leaking or is that normal? Like is it just a bad gasket or seal or something?

Take carb apart. I like using a piece of glass big enough for a sheet of sandpaper. Take and run both halves [top and bottom] back and forth on the sandpaper until the surface of both are perfectly flat. Then pull the emulsion tube and put a neoprene o-ring on it. That should stop any gas leakage.

I have one on the shelf I don't know if I will get around to using it, if you run into something that needs replacing let me know and I can probably help
Thanks for the offer, I think I'm in good shape now short of a carb kit for a new needle and seat and maybe that o ring mod on the emulsion tube. Apart from the leaking and the recoil start needing oil I think this engine is set to go onto something