Briggs 5 horse suddenly has no power

RadRacer203

This isn't technically a mini bike question but I thought this would be a good place to ask it. I've got a 60's Huffy Broadlawn mower with a vettical shaft 5hp Briggs I'm fixing up and today was its first shakedown. I put on a replacement gas tank and freshly rebuilt carb, cleaned the points, and replaced the flywheel key and spark plug. It was running really well, revving like it should, and pulling the front wheels off the ground. Then all of a sudden I lost all power and it can barely keep itself moving. Sounds fine, no knocking or anything, no loss of compression. I thought it might be the flywheel key but that, the mag, and everything else around there seems perfectly fine. The carb is tuned as well as a single jet carb can be also.

This isn't technically a mini bike question but I thought this would be a good place to ask it. I've got a 60's Huffy Broadlawn mower with a vettical shaft 5hp Briggs I'm fixing up and today was its first shakedown. I put on a replacement gas tank and freshly rebuilt carb, cleaned the points, and replaced the flywheel key and spark plug. It was running really well, revving like it should, and pulling the front wheels off the ground. Then all of a sudden I lost all power and it can barely keep itself moving. Sounds fine, no knocking or anything, no loss of compression. I thought it might be the flywheel key but that, the mag, and everything else around there seems perfectly fine. The carb is tuned as well as a single jet carb can be also.
Governor controls?