Briggs 5hp Engine Prefer I/C But open to Most Briggs 5hp Flat head models

Hi O.M.B. Members, I am looking for a 5hp Briggs I/C industrial commercial engine. I am open to any other model 5hp flatty's My only requirement is a good bore and valve seats as I do not want to rebore motor or replace seats. Long block is fine. I will gladly pay for shipping or I can pickup if engine is reasonably close to Yachats, Oregon. Thank You.

Bump. I will send postal money order to cover the purchase price of the engine and shipping. Would also take a Tecumseh Motorsports model 993 or 994, Let me know what you have and what price you need. Thank You.

still need the 5hp I/C motor?
Hello, Yes I would like the ic engine. My computer crashed and I just got back online. I see someone is swooping in. Let me know if you want to sell it to me or the person that did not originate the wanted post. I have both ups and fedex accounts and can send you a shipping label. How much for the engine and what condition is it? Thank You, Marc

minibikefever

Hello, Yes I would like the ic engine. My computer crashed and I just got back online. I see someone is swooping in. Let me know if you want to sell it to me or the person that did not originate the wanted post. I have both ups and fedex accounts and can send you a shipping label. How much for the engine and what condition is it? Thank You, Marc
You did post the ad I responded to so you certainly have first choice if you want it? I aquired these a couple years back when I started playing with the mini bikes and was sucking up every motor I could find and never used a briggs motor so I have no use for them, I'm no mechanic and can check for spark and see if it will fire on a shot of spray if you want me to but that't all I have for you, I remember buying the I/C motor and thought we fired it but I would have to check which other motors are free or will fire, I posted a pic of the motors I have no use for so if you or Powerband83 or anyone else can use any of them or need parts just PM me, like I said I don't need any of it, upstate New York...

Attachments

You did post the ad I responded to so you certainly have first choice if you want it? I aquired these a couple years back when I started playing with the mini bikes and was sucking up every motor I could find and never used a briggs motor so I have no use for them, I'm no mechanic and can check for spark and see if it will fire on a shot of spray if you want me to but that't all I have for you, I remember buying the I/C motor and thought we fired it but I would have to check which other motors are free or will fire, I posted a pic of the motors I have no use for so if you or Powerband83 or anyone else can use any of them or need parts just PM me, like I said I don't need any of it, upstate New York...
Hi, No need to check spark or spray the engine. Just give it a pull and establish that it has compression. What price do you want and how would you like to ship it? As I said I have both UPS and FEDEX accounts so I can send you a shipping label along with payment. I have one request. Please check the front of the block. There should be a low oil sensor above the drain plug secured with 2 bolts. Also please check that the crank pto is 3/4" with a threaded tap to secure clutch. Thank You, Marc

minibikefever

Been offline for a bit my grandkid gave my laptop a big drink off hot coffee and well this is a new one I was in no hurry (old school) sorry about that, it didn't look to me thatany of those motors had that casting but I can take some close ups with my phone and if you can still use something let me know I have no use for any of them and could care less about them burt would like them gone, sorry again about the delay....