Briggs 5hp score

Twid

The points weren't hooked up and the coil looks like it's been re wired. Question can I ditch the point set Up and just run this coil? Dude said it ran good befor his boy tore it apart and lost interest. I actually rode around with this motor in August and it ran strong, I guess dude son wanted to go faster. I tried to talk him in to keeping it but the kid wants a clone.

That's an old points coil and it has a points eliminator on it, I don't know if they even sell those anymore. That coil set up like that throws a hot spark, I have a few like that.

Twid

get me a pic of the bottom of the coil where it would sit next to the flywheel. Wanna double your money? I am a buyer!
I think I'm going to keep it actually I kinda already gave it to my younger brother fot a project for the both of us a learning tool for him.

Attachments

Last edited:
I want to get it running that's the fun part. Is this the tapered threaded crank View attachment 80678 that is no good nor mini bikes do I need to replace it? So I can ditch the points and run the coil
That is a good crank to use and yes you can use that coil with that crank.

Thats a cool looking clutch. I have seen them before but forget who made them...
Looks like a Hillard fury clutch to me.