Briggs 5hp.

Does anyone know of anyway to make a little more power with the briggs 5hp without doing all that fancy stroking and boring that i know nothing about
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

image.jpeg image.jpeg

CarPlayLB

camshaft will be a big improvement. I would also use a billet rod and flywheel. Fast ain't cheap, and cheap ain't fast!

Really and truly there is not much you can do to get much more power (at least something you would really notice) w/o "going internal". That does not mean, however, that you have to, or are you limited to do, "all that fancy stroking and boring". Cam, shaving the head, valves, carburetion, springs, timing, etc. to name a few. I would recommend that you get Jimmy Glenn's book: Jimmy's Book
My son purchased it and read it cover to cover before he performance-upgraded the Briggs Raptor engine that eventually went on his Bonanza 1300.He used many of Jimmy's techniques with good results.
Michael

125ccCrazy

a nice mild build I'd get a Dyno 94SS cam, ARC rod, spring kit with locks and retainers, if it's a points engine switch to a solid state coil, a Raptor carb or a good side choke carb, thinner head gasket, Raptor III piston.... This will make a nice rider with some added punch without a lot of extra work..

a nice mild build I'd get a Dyno 94SS cam, ARC rod, spring kit with locks and retainers, if it's a points engine switch to a solid state coil, a Raptor carb or a good side choke carb, thinner head gasket, Raptor III piston.... This will make a nice rider with some added punch without a lot of extra work..

How much does each of those items cost?
Where do you get them?

Thanks

Danford1