Briggs 8B needs help

Motoman,
Google your engine model and the Operating Manual pops-up. Pages 7 and 8 should give you some direction. It looks like you will be building the throttle control set-up almost from scratch.
There are folks over at the SmokStak forum with direct knowledge about these power plants.
Nice bike you got there. Looks like there are provisions for a jackshaft, jackshaft band brake, and a scrub brake.

Solid advice. Thank you SAT This Bonanza project is pretty rough but I enjoy working with my hands so I’ll be busy for a while. If I can’t get this 8B sorted out, I’ll probably stick a newer 5 horse in there. Sure like the looks of the oil bath filter and the front mounted tank though.

Solid advice. Thank you SAT This Bonanza project is pretty rough but I enjoy working with my hands so I’ll be busy for a while. If I can’t get this 8B sorted out, I’ll probably stick a newer 5 horse in there. Sure like the looks of the oil bath filter and the front mounted tank though.
I have some pictures of how I hooked up my throttle but I am not too good with posting pictures...