Briggs Air filter box identification

Hello. Wondering if anyone can identify this air box on my Fox Doodlebug 3HP Briggs. I can't seem to find anything but the round version online. Would like to find the cover or a photo of what it should look like or I'll be forced to replace it with a different style. Please see attached photos.

Attachments

markus

That appears to be a Clinton engines air filter housing. They had a few sizes if those filters so you want to maybe verify measurements when purchasing just the cover. I would guess it is the 4 slat version, BUT, that is just a guess. There are some on ebay currently.

It appears that you are correct. I will measure and verify but I am having a hard time finding the actual filter element, any help with that? It is common that they use a Clinton carby on a Briggs engine or must it have been done after manufacture?

markus

no, your setup is totally custom/heinz 57. you have a Briggs engine, with a Tecumseh small frame H intake and exhaust on it, with a walbro carb (both clinton and tecumseh used those but its probably from a clinton) and the clinton air cleaner.

If its a doodle bug, the Tecumsh parts are problaby from its original engine.