Briggs and Stratton 2hp No Spark

Can someone please post a link to my tec threads ..... pulling a flywheel rope trick (i think it was ) and balls in a basket recoil fix . You dont need a puller or that much to get one off . And buckeye yes hitting the end of the crank can . Be bad was covered in my tec thread how i do them and a fix if ya slip and burr the crank .

There's a tool that slides over the crank an touches the flywheel give a little tap on en of tool an it takes off flywheel easy as pie ...

Minibikers

YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE CLUTCH OFF FIRST!

I was wondering about that. I was thinking where's the nut holding flywheel on?

It's under back half of aluminum clutch housing still stuvk on flywheel.

Parts diagram shows nut and two threaded holes for gear puller.

I've already got a bolt type gear puller!

Let you know how it goes.

Thanks!

You don't have to take the clutch off to pull the flywheel...:no: Should be one big nut holding the flywheel on....its right on the outside of the flywheel....but some have a ratcheting device that actually is the nut. You got any pics of your flywheel on the engine ?

Minibikers

It's a 70's-80's era 2 hp,

It's the rope starter clutch that needs to come off to get to flywheel nut.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Briggs & Stratton 2hp Flywheel Diagram.jpg Briggs & Stratton 2hp Flywheel Diagram.jpg Metal Man

Thank you!

Took a second look at parts diagram and clutch housing is where

nut would be.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Minibikers

Found out that clutch housing is LEFT HAND threads.

Sort of like the old cars with left hand threads on one side to keep lug nuts tight.

Good thing I found that out before starting to get this off.

Thanks!

Minibikers

Tapped on clutch housing awhile today.

It stayed on.

Will use handheld sledge and bigger chisel next time.

Will use 3in1 oil too.Have wd40 on there but it may need something a little more

penetrating.

Have to look for #6 bearing too.

Thanks!

Minibikers

Found out that clutch housing is LEFT HAND threads.

Sort of like the old cars with left hand threads on one side to keep lug nuts tight.

Good thing I found that out before starting to get this off.

Thanks!
Where did you get this information? My son and I have removed many and we have NEVER had one with "left hand threads".
Michael