Briggs and stratton 3.5hp throttle

New to this website, and my first thread. I did try to search before asking this question but had difficulty locating anything.
I purchased a streaker fun wheels gokart for my daughter. The guy told me that the old carb just stopped working so he took the same carb off of a lawn edger that he had and installed it on the gokart motor. Only difference was the throttle. Well none of that's hooked up a d looks like linkages and springs are missing. Also the original throttle control is behind and under the gas tank, and that appears to be screwed up because the "tooth gears" dont really mesh with the other part.. what are my options for getting the throttle hooked up and linkages installed. Is there a kit I can buy? I'm not opposed to moving the throttle to up top, or even replacing the original one behind and under the tank. I just need some guidance. Part numbers or kit numbers.
The motor number is 91212 0060-1
The throttle plate that's on it in the picture is not linked up it was part of the throttle from the lawn edger.
Thanks for a y help.

Attachments

Harquebus

It's kind of hard to tell the state of the engine and throttle/governor controls from the photos you provided. Maybe the throttle slider under the tank is no longer hooked up to the toothed gear doo-hickey? Might be totally mismatched parts or just assembled wrong. Your engine is 3 HP but looks like it has 5 HP parts...

Check this thread https://oldminibikes.com/forum/inde...stall-help-needed-5hp-leaf-blower-b-s.167109/
and especially my posts numbers 19 and 20 for a description of the Briggs and Stratton Throttle Control kit, #692316. Yours should look like the engine photo and diagram under the fuel tank, or look very similar to it. Basically a cable, cable clamp {yours looks missing}, the slider and a return spring.

Can you get the old carburetor back from the seller? Most Briggs carburetors can {usually} be fixed with a simple carb overhaul kit.

Connecting the throttle cable to "up top" means you are basically bypassing the governor and you don't want that, yet, until your daughter wants to take the kart to the very limits of what the engine can do. But that type of throttle can be done with a Briggs Raptor Throttle Kit, like this one: https://www.bmikarts.com/Briggs-Flathead-Raptor-Stock-Throttle-Kit_p_2323.html

Try posting this inquiry in the Briggs Engine subforum as you'd probably get more replies over there....

It's kind of hard to tell the state of the engine and throttle/governor controls from the photos you provided. Maybe the throttle slider under the tank is no longer hooked up to the toothed gear doo-hickey? Might be totally mismatched parts or just assembled wrong. Your engine is 3 HP but looks like it has 5 HP parts...

Check this thread https://oldminibikes.com/forum/inde...stall-help-needed-5hp-leaf-blower-b-s.167109/
and especially my posts numbers 19 and 20 for a description of the Briggs and Stratton Throttle Control kit, #692316. Yours should look like the engine photo and diagram under the fuel tank, or look very similar to it. Basically a cable, cable clamp {yours looks missing}, the slider and a return spring.

Can you get the old carburetor back from the seller? Most Briggs carburetors can {usually} be fixed with a simple carb overhaul kit.

Connecting the throttle cable to "up top" means you are basically bypassing the governor and you don't want that, yet, until your daughter wants to take the kart to the very limits of what the engine can do. But that type of throttle can be done with a Briggs Raptor Throttle Kit, like this one: https://www.bmikarts.com/Briggs-Flathead-Raptor-Stock-Throttle-Kit_p_2323.html

Try posting this inquiry in the Briggs Engine subforum as you'd probably get more replies over there....
Thanks for your reply.. the notification to this page went to my spam folder, so just now seeing it.. its definitely a 3.5hp motor. I was able to realign and straighten out the tooth gear throttle system under the tank. I ordered a governor spring for it and it's good to go. Also had to order a brass pickup tube because the carb that was placed on it was the short tube for a shallow tank. It's a nice little ripper with a good strong engine.