Briggs C-List score

Twid

I have a couple cat that need a motor, 250x and a 300x. Don't know if it will fit yet I need to pull them out of storage. But I would love a lil Indian.

Twid

How do I line the cam up there is no dot on the crank? I might have been taken I asked it if it had a billet rod in it. The answer was yes and it doesn't. Also does any one know if this is a stock cam or a dyno?
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Hey Twid, the cam looks pretty much stock to me...but theres a big range of cams for these flattys... and not all had large lift and duration.
Don't think the rod is billet.. but maybe a raptor rod. .. not for sure though.

Twid

Hey Twid, the cam looks pretty much stock to me...but theres a big range of cams for these flattys... and not all had large lift and duration.
Don't think the rod is billet.. but maybe a raptor rod. .. not for sure though.
Thank you. This one has a plastic oil dipper. My raptors oil dipper is integrated with the rod.

Twid

I marked the crank and cam with a bit of whiteout to make sure the cam when's back in the same way it came out.

Last edited:
If you're going to stuff that onto a little CAT250, you're definitely going to need wheelie bars or lead weights on the front. Raptors are little too serious for the short frames and, BTW, the engine plate is pretty soft metal (you can bend it easily with a propane torch). If you stick with the CAT, I'd stiffen the plate with some angle iron to make a girdle on the underside. That engine will twist right off otherwise. Pic is one I made for a Honda on a Manco Thunderbird.

Attachments