Briggs off Craftsman Snowblower ID

ugmold

Hi folks,
Trying figure out what this Briggs is I have that I took off a Craftsman Snowblower, one of those jobs with a plastic housing over everything. Family:YBSXS.1481HE 275074

Lot of 4's guessing a 4hp? Is there any online reference for these numbers?

Thanks

[video=youtube_share;ngX98StlD-I]https://youtu.be/ngX98StlD-I[/video]

Last edited:

delray

ugmold, i have that same motor too. i believe mine was rated at 5hp. i have not yet done alot of research on my engine. but from the looks of it, does look to be a very interesting motor. i like the 3inch 3/4 keyway crankshaft(rupp style). you shouldn't have any problems with that style crank.
also note it has a large seal around the crank shaft. i wonder if there is a bearing behind that.:thumbsup: and yes that carb would not work on a minibike. made to run wide open. i did bolt on a 19mm carb awhile ago and it ran real good. it seem to be very responsive. i also notes mine has a aluminum flywheel on it. so if it's a bearing motor with a aluminum flywheel i would think it would help the motor rev quickly. i think if a guy could get a billet rod that would be a strong little flathead to build.:thumbsup:...........:scooter:

MB165

that's a unique spec. looks like the pto shaft is slightly longer than a standard engine....no biggie, the model numbers are on the silver air shield or the pull starter housing. briggs make a cap to cover dipstick hole p/n 691363.
the flywheel and housing may be wider than usuall, to accommodate the electric starter and ringgear.

Last edited: