Briggs question

Just bought a Bonham Tote Gote with 1966 Briggs & Stratton motor that's missing the recoil and surrounding blower housing would a later Briggs & Stratton parts model #190412 and model # 190402 interchange. Both are 1" shaft. Bought the entire bike that was taken apart, frame sbasted in pieces and am looking to put together

I'll have to see if my son can post some pics for me. I'll also locate the numbers on the motor. The guy I bought it from said when he decoded the numbers it was a 1966 engine. He also stated he thought the motor was original to the bike. I did see a video of it running that he took before pulling the bike apart and said he destroyed the recoil. That's the only thing I don't have. All parts were labeled and in baggies. I think it's a chain driven, 403 model from what I can tell.

Just bought a Bonham Tote Gote with 1966 Briggs & Stratton motor that's missing the recoil and surrounding blower housing would a later Briggs & Stratton parts model #190412 and model # 190402 interchange. Both are 1" shaft. Bought the entire bike that was taken apart, frame sbasted in pieces and am looking to put together
If you can get a pic up we'll be able to tell for ya.. your bike could be a 4, or 6 HP depending upon model. There is a difference between those engines in physical size.

Have some pics being sent from oldcarcbx with possible numbers of later model 8hp briggs shroud with manual pull. Any year cut off for interchange? Or does it need to be sixties vintage like I have picured? Thanks to everyone who replied.