Bringing back the Rupp Ruppster

Hi guys I recently got into vintage go karts. I first got hooked when, I bought on a whim, a Ruppster from someone in riverside. I liked the way it looked but it needed a lot to be restored. So I have slowly (I mean slowly) started restoring it. Then I ended up finding another one that I bought from James c off this website. That was his yellow Ruppster that had a roll cage (you can see in his pictures).

Well I bought a 13hp engine to replace his non running 2stroke Rockwell 230. I had a new engine plate mounted by George who is also off of this site. But finally got everything running correct the other day and man was it beautiful to see it moving like that. Pictures and some videos will be added later by me and everyone else.

If anyone could give me more info on the Ruppster and the reared on it like what fluids it takes or what it's composed of (I found a small leak from the tranny). Thanks guys happy motoring :scooter:

Go -Joes are different,you ride on top on a long seat.They have handlebars to steer with.The Ruppster is a small dune buggy type of vehicle,larger than a go kart,but smaller then a street legal.Both are cool as hell : )
I have a mini go joe and we love taking it out for spin in the neighborhood..everyone stops ya to ask "what is that"?

george3

That was a SOB to install that BA engine. Shoe horned in. Everything square and lined up with the driven assembly. It sure is a blast to ride. Front wheels come off the ground on take off.

This is exactly the type of kart Racing Dreamz needs to start the kids off in off road. A bit more structural bracing for the cage, but not to powerful yet fun to drive. If anyone can build frames and bodies like this or the Dune Cat, please let us know.

This Ruppster is great. :)