broke hrdralic brake lever

dirt

i need a hydralic brake lever. i dont want to spend $42.00 on a whole new setup. where can i find parts?
it was made of the cheapest chinese metal:censure::censure:there goes our sunday.

Bikerscum

i need a hydralic brake lever. i dont want to spend $42.00 on a whole new setup. where can i find parts?
it was made of the cheapest chinese metal:censure::censure:there goes our sunday.
PM me & I'll send you a whole used setup for free, shipping too.

A while back I needed a stock gas tank. OldMiniBikes user Briggsboss came through big time, & just asked that I pay it forward.... now's my time :smile:

Then some day you can do the same :thumbsup:

Last edited:

dirt

thanks. i spent 30 min with a dewalt grinder and made a ugly lever. it works ok but it has a long reach (adult hands).

Two tricks to share that I learned when my son and I were racing bikes....

If possible always adjust the levers in so they don't stick out past the end of the bar.

Tighten the lever mount clamps just enough so they don't move around while using them but leave them loose enough so an impact will let them spin on the bar and not snap the lever.
We even used to run a wrap of Teflon tape on the bar under the clamp to help it spin if it hit the dirt. Racing and crashing go hand in hand so we did everything we could to save levers.

Last edited: