Broked stud on a china girl

Snapped a front mounting stud and tried to drill a hole in the stud so i could take it out whit a counter thread thinggy. Got a shiftkit in it so taking engine off was pain in the:asshole: so tried to drill it in the frame and this is how it looks now:censure:. Any suggestions how to fix it?

With a china girl, you're probably going to want to get a new mounting block from SBP or the like. The hollow, cast aluminum pieces really don't give much purchase, and they're actually really friggin' hard to braze (they're really thin & will just crack again).

Ouch looks like the drill drifted of Centre.

You could try lots of penatrating fluid and a Prick punch with a small hammer. Try and tap it counter clockwise on the outside near the thread.

You could also try to brase/weld a rod to the stud and then turn it out.

Not sure of your back ground or skill, but if you feel out of depth take it to a shop that does helicoils or thread repair. To fix what you got is a real mission

Good luck:thumbsup:

WOW that's a pickle.......you might be able to center punch the bolt then drill the center.

Carefully set the center punch in the center of the bolt and make a dimple then use a small drill to make a pilot hole then step up the drill size and drill again then finish drilling the proper size for your easy out.

lots of penetrating oil or heat and melt some wax in around the threads and let it cool a bit before trying the easy out.

carefully center punch bolt

drill drill drill

penetrant or heat+wax(let cool a bit if using wax)

then try easy out

Talbotti, Mipowdercoater is correct. Drilling out the stud and filling with epoxy will probably be your best bet. Because the top of the stud is no longer flat I don't see you having much success with drilling out the stud. However, you might want to try this. Take a piece of flat steel strip at least 3/8" thick (1/2" would be better) and drill a hole in it the same diameter as your stud. Clamp the steel strip TIGHTLY so that the hole in the strip is directly over what's left of the stud. Then, working SLOWLY AND I MEAN SLOWLY proceed to drill out the stud. You will probably ruin several bits in the process but you may be able to eventually remove the stud. This is a good trick to remember and use anytime you want to drill a hole in anything and the location of the hole has to be exact. Good luck. Ogy

:pimp: hey i got that little bastard out. Filed the studs remainings flat and started to drill with very small bit then did 2.8mm hole, gave her little oil and heat then tried the ezout and it came. What now, at the bottom there are some good threads so should i put new stud in with epoxy or thread lock:confused:

Looking good Talbotti. Depending on how hot this area of the motor gets I'd install the new stud into the remaining threads at the bottom of the hole and then use a heat resistant epoxy to completely fill the rest of the hole. Be sure to clean and degrease the hole thoroughly and use a very light film of oil or vaseline on the new stud or it will bond to the epoxy and you will never be able to remove it again. Ogy

Cleaned the surface with acetone then put very thin layer of silicone oil to the new stud and srewd it in place then i applied some metal epoxy around and let it set. Epoxy felt hard enough so i tried to back the stud and it worker perfectly, now just have to grind excess epoxy off:pimp:

nice i would have tried to dremel a slot and unscrew it with an impact driver. then epoxy the new stud right in there. no need to remove it in the future really. You didnt show the other side of your clamp but maybe if that didnt work just drill and tap for two more studs on either side of the old one