Broken Foot Peg

If it were mine I would cut a steel bar long enough to go from peg to peg then turn it for a snug fit in the tube. Pound the bar in to the left peg then pound the broken foot rest over the bar until it meets up at the break line. Then weld or braze the joint so the foot peg can't turn or slip out of place. This will make it much stronger than the original assembly.

Even better I would use a tube, possibly cut down lengthwise and squeezed inside the original tubing; my reasoning is that a normal home welder might have a time actually welding all of the mass of a solid rod AND the original tubing.

The first idea is a good one. The steel bar would hold and distribute all of your weight through out the old foot peg tube. The weld would be only to keep the two ends together and support very little weight.

SAS289

OMG look at how thin the metal is for that tube on the Coleman. What caused this? Hopefully not what is considered normal use.

This guy has some long foot pegs/pipes.

Even better I would use a tube, possibly cut down lengthwise and squeezed inside the original tubing; my reasoning is that a normal home welder might have a time actually welding all of the mass of a solid rod AND the original tubing.
Right you are, a jumbo sized roll pin would make the repair quick and easy. Are they available that large?