Brutecycle project: Official start

About the brakes, its all for control. But it can be used for some fun to. There's the throttle and two brake handles on the right side, and one brake handle on the left. If you want to turn really hard, you can grab the left or right and make a hard turn, or if you want to drift.

Tri Sport used the 3 brake bands on some of their earlier units as they got bigger and faster. I always never trusted the brakes but after popping a chain at the top of a big hill I went to Hydraulic brakes. And trust me band breaks do not work in reverse at all.
Steve :scooter:

Tri Sport used the 3 brake bands on some of their earlier units as they got bigger and faster. I always never trusted the brakes but after popping a chain at the top of a big hill I went to Hydraulic brakes. And trust me band breaks do not work in reverse at all.
Steve :scooter:
:hammer:Some band brakes DO work in reverse. I have a 2 or 3 trikes that have a floating bands and work either way!:hammer:

I know this is super old thread but didn't want to start a new one. After nearly a decade I have narrowed down my parts list and purchased everything to get the old brutecycle back in working condition. Orders will start arriving next week for the drive line. I fired up the engine for the first time in over 30 years tonight, I’ll attach a link for a video. It came with and still has an 8 hp tecumseh, the H80-155011 to be exact.

Attachments

Thanks for the update. I found one in November of last year and am working on getting her up and running as well. Parts are tough to come by. I live in Fairmont where they were originally manufactured but it’s tough to find too many people who remember them even around here. Anxious to see more updates.

Thanks for the update. I found one in November of last year and am working on getting her up and running as well. Parts are tough to come by. I live in Fairmont where they were originally manufactured but it’s tough to find too many people who remember them even around here. Anxious to see more updates.
Milton Zenk's son Ron may have an idea for you. I would imagine that you can find him on fb