Bug Flea Trail Scout

Hounddog

Here is a nice Bug Super Flea Trail Scout. Original suspension frame and suspension fork. These originally came with Clinton engines as seen in the attached add. I have also seen them with Hodaka engines, see pic, Fuji engines, Briggs and Tecumseh engines. The great part with this Bug and many Bug frames is they are set up for a jackshaft. As a result it is easy to align the chain with the engine and with the rear wheel sprocket!! They originally ran a disc brake on the jackshaft, however many people just run a rear drum brake. The engine plate is simi;ar to Bonanza with many variable mounting holes to run different engines and offsets. Asking $400 and I am located in socal. This is a nice one for a good easy build.

Attachments

Last edited:

Hounddog

So to answer your questions. This frame and fork is designed for the standard 5/8" axle diameter. So many wheel choices are available. This bike came stock with the common Azuza Tri-Stars 6" diameter with 5/8" axles. You can see those wheels in the Bug minibike advertisement above. You can run many wheel types, sizes and diameters as long as they have 5/8" axles. This frame will not work with the Hands Wheels with 3/4" axles. Let me know if you have any more questions. Thanks, HD