Build-off 2014

I made some room in the garage , put 4 bikes in the toyhauler and have 3 to hoist up to the loft
Then a major clean up which involves getting down on the floor and looking under every bench and box for lost tools , nuts bolts , drill bits , and even bike parts lol

Another Tom Thumb maybe? Or a kick azz choppa.
Jimmy, I would be interested in seeing what you could do with a chopper. If it is anything like the quality of your last, that would be cool. :thumbsup:

Really anxious in starting this one, been planning it for many months now and ready to plug in the welder, grinder and get going already!! Concept below and plan on scratch-building a blend of an old Savage scooter with the modern industrial look of Russell Mitchel's Exile styling with oversized tires and tank. Any other builders care to show what they plan on fabricating?

Last edited:
Just curios if a build I'm already planning would be considered started since I already made a stretched swing arm for it. Other than that just been gathering parts since summer.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Just curios if a build I'm already planning would be considered started since I already made a stretched swing arm for it. Other than that just been gathering parts since summer.
My two cent's worth:

There isn't any difference between someone who has previously fabricated a basic frame part, and someone who has previously procured that same frame part.

Buildoff 2014

Jimmy, I would be interested in seeing what you could do with a chopper. If it is anything like the quality of your last, that would be cool. :thumbsup:

Really anxious in starting this one, been planning it for many months now and ready to plug in the welder, grinder and get going already!! Concept below and plan on scratch-building a blend of an old Savage scooter with the modern industrial look of Russell Mitchel's Exile styling with oversized tires and tank. Any other builders care to show what they plan on fabricating?

Wow, that looks great, reminds me of one I drew up. I like yours better.:thumbsup:

cool ideas guys. heres my plan. Goliath mini tank. Should be an intresting build :thumbsup:

Good Lord Jeep, You're going to end up building yourself an entire Army!:scared: Maybe someday you can build a mini-helicopter. That thing is cool.:thumbsup:
i know right. im not really even into army stuff. they just make the coolest machines :laugh: are you gonna build that savage to suit the 6.5 predator or the smaller 79cc one? will be really cool either way im sure

Wow, that looks great, reminds me of one I drew up. I like yours better.:thumbsup:

thanks frankster, I can't begin to explain how many notebooks I have laying around my bathroom filled with designs, I think I need to publish some of them. Your design has a clean look to it, and I have made a few collages like that for inspiration and design testing. It was tough having to choose only 1 design.

i know right. im not really even into army stuff. they just make the coolest machines :laugh: are you gonna build that savage to suit the 6.5 predator or the smaller 79cc one? will be really cool either way im sure
thank you Jeep, It is either another 212 predator or one of the 6.5 lifan's than come from Home Depot with the electric start (for a few dollars more). The only part I haven't quite narrowed down is the jackshaft setup due to a possible offset. I would like to just stick a TAV on there and run a single chain to the rear off of that but won't know how much room I have until I start mocking up frame parts.:grind:

I have been looking at the entries and there are some cool projects so far :thumbsup:

My problem is that I have so many things I should do that its hard to come up with an original idea

Then there is the trike idea , Randy has so much fun on his in Windber lol

Oh well I guess I still have time to decide on a project , any body got anything they want built for Windber lol

I thought of doing an old cushman / simlex replica but cant get myself motivated

I have been looking at the entries and there are some cool projects so far :thumbsup:

My problem is that I have so many things I should do that its hard to come up with an original idea

Then there is the trike idea , Randy has so much fun on his in Windber lol

Oh well I guess I still have time to decide on a project , any body got anything they want built for Windber lol

I thought of doing an old cushman / simlex replica but cant get myself motivated
Duh! Yes, can I please have a custom trailer built? Trade you a mini bike for it and a case of beer. Crappy American beer, but still beer. :laugh:

I know what you mean about the "original idea" thing. I'm not a good enough fabricator, don't have the tools, and can't think of what I'd do anyway, other than to slap some paint on an old bike.

But please Rob, allow me to motivate you into doing a Simplex replica! That would be a very worthwhile project in my opinion. :thumbsup: