Build-off, Logiclost

Jleon

Been meaning to post about the work on your bike, looked at the pic's over and over-Damn nice work!!! Now If I could match my metal working skills to my wood work???

Beautiful job on that frame stretch...

Some guys would cringe a bit at stretching a Li'l Indian because they're such an icon of the minibike era, but I'm like you...I wanna be able to ride it comfortably, so it needed to be done...and it would have been pretty hard to do it any better than you did it there...nice lookin', and should ride good too.

haven't been on here in ages as I've been way too busy trying to finish up school. Anywho, here is a little teaser just to show that I am still slowly working on the thing.

as you can see I still need to weld on the chain tensioner and brake mount then its well on its way to at least moving. The seat has had a lot of progress. I need to go get more furniture tacks to finish it off though. I really like the badass look of it though, with all of the other chrome and polished doodads it should really set it off nice.

is where it currently sits.

I have to show off my hillbilly working stand which is made from the lower part of an office chair. Just clamp your bike to it and you have a stand that raises and lowers, swivels and rolls. It was free and amazingly useful.

I had to repaint and stripe the front fender as it got dragged good side down across some concrete by a 5 year old. I also took the time to do some striping on the chain guard.

I figured out an exhaust which isn't totally done yet.
Here is the assembly as a whole. The small diameter 'header' pipe is going to get header wrap which will tuck under the chrome piece at the end.

How I went about making this is pretty standard 1/2" NPT with a coupler to a muffler. (some polishing involved obviously)

Then the sweet chrome cover is actually a piece used for drain pipes on sinks

But it just happens to butt up to the flanged seam on the muffler, then the large 'nut' threads on and holds it in place.

And then you put it on the bike. And to think, the bracket for the fender was just arbitraily placed there (just kidding :wink:)

But then you need to hold it down as that long pipe vibrating will do a number on the head of the engine.

And the studs on the end are also used to hold on the rear fender.

Speaking of which, I am using a 72 tooth rear sprocket so the chain ended up coming dangerously close to the fender. It got a little section cut out for some breathing room.

And then I finally finished the rear axle 'stays'. I was planning to used a collar with a set screw but mcmaster wanted like $9 a pop and I already have way more than I wanted to spend into the thing.

That cost less than $0.75

I now just have to weld on the brake caliper bracket (still) and I need to order an idler for the chain tensioner. The modified wheel just wasn't ment to be.

logiclost,
NICE JOB!:thumbsup: Great art work on the fender-?-s? I'm sorry but I seam to have missed your build when I first became a member and just now ran across it, it's good to see that you can use your imagination to improve the looks of your mini without going out and spending alot of $$$$, as a kid i can remember cutting up my old schwin 26" to make a mini, finger throttle and all, today i drove a truck but in about 16 more days the season will be over and I'll be back on my builds, I'm looking forward to that!! keep up the good work!
dave