Building me a Ruttman

I have had this project in the back of my head for a long time now. Work has been extremely busy
so every once in a while I get out to the garage and make a piece or two. I'm going to build a
1970 Ruttman Wild Goose mini bike in 1/3rd scale. I came to this website to get some background
on the bike and decided to post the build progrss here. If this is something that the members here
would not not be interested in, just ask and I will refrain from posting further progress.

When I was a kid we used to ride bikes just like this one. That is what got me going on this thing.
It will be in it's original chrysler code FC7 Plum Crazy purple color. I'm still in the stages of gathering
information to get as original as possible.

I have enough information to start on the frame. To build the frame I will need 4 fixtures. One fixture will be
a bending jig to bend up the frame and handle bars. The second will be a simple thing to help get the rear
axle bracket in the correct place. The third will be used to hold the frame together for assembly. The last
one will hold the triple tree together for assembly.

The bending fixture has taken over 2 months just on it's own. It has 4 setups. 2 to bend the frame and 2
to bend the handel bars and forks.

Last edited:
I spent a couple hours making some of the parts for the frame.
Somehow I screwed up the front fender mount bracket but all the other pieces look good.

Here are some of the pieces on the half finished frame fixture.

Looks cool so far.what's your plan for an engine?
1/3rd scale 4HP Tecumseh. I guy at work gave me an old wornout engine so I can tear it apart, measure it up, and pitch it or give it away. If someone here needs the spare parts they will be more than welcome to them once I'm done.

I think Im going to machine the parts rather than cast them. Not sure.

This is something you don't see everyday. Great work so far. I will be watching to see how this turns out, especially the motor part. :thumbsup:

awesome machining.....machinists are becoming a lost trade......this is amazing and i cannot wait to see it done!!!! esp the engine.....ive seen small v8s done....cant wait for this!