Bunch of tools from long way back

Being here got me digging through tools I have from way back. My Dad and I used to have a shop in our garage 30 years ago. I know there are more, just buried in the clutter someplace. There is even a press jig for straightening cranks buried somewhere. image.jpeg

Valve grinder. We never used it much, not very accurate. We usually had a box of old valves and would do them at the shop. Then when doing valve jobs we would swap them out.

I have done so many valve jobs on the older engines. It was usually the cause of hard restart when warm. We sold rebuilt mowers as well as fixing them. Sold about 40 or so a year and they all got the valves done on them.

I am annoyed at myself now though. I am missing my condenser pliers. Been years since I even changed a condenser so not sure the last time I saw them, one of the used every day in the shop tools (a long time ago).

Man I got so many old weird tools. My father's dad worked on locomotives. Mom's father was a mechanic at a county road dept when they actually worked on their own equipment. Dad was a diesel forklift mechanic. Most of the odder stuff my grandpas had are "put up" which actually means we don't have any need for them so they get piled up in parts of sheds that haven't seen daylight in years.