c & c guys go 420cc on a ct200uex

SAS289

I have been wondering why I haven't seen anyone try raising the rear of the engine plate a half inch or so instead of raising the whole engine? Are they worried about engine oil level or carb bowl fuel issues? If I had heavier duty welding equipment I would try it. I guess it is easier just to shim up the whole engine like most have.

The 420 in there should be interesting. Maybe they should mount a rack over the front tire and load it with equipment (and battery) to help with wheelie control. :smile:

I don't watch those guys a lot but it is good to see them using power tools. About 20 times faster than ratchets and wrenches. I still use air tools on everything.

I think they should try building some old school mini bikes and resist the temptation to always stick a China engine in everything.....but that's just me.

I think they should try building some old school mini bikes and resist the temptation to always stick a China engine in everything.....but that's just me.
They get the engines and parts free from their sponsor, Go Power Sports .
They would need a sponsor to supply them with American engines. A Briggs Animal or WF would be nice.
I don't know to many people that would spend their own money on a 4 engine Go Kart with 4 torque converters just as an experiment. They use what they get for free. I like watching their videos. I hope they continue to make them.

They did use some 5 hp Briggs engines on their Radio Flyer hot rod wagon :)

Danford1

They get the engines and parts free from their sponsor, Go Power Sports .
They would need a sponsor to supply them with American engines. A Briggs Animal or WF would be nice.
I don't know to many people that would spend their own money on a 4 engine Go Kart with 4 torque converters just as an experiment. They use what they get for free. I like watching their videos. I hope they continue to make them.

They did use some 5 hp Briggs engines on their Radio Flyer hot rod wagon :)

Danford1
I know they get freebees from gops..yeah that 4 engine kart was rediculous..:laugh:

SAS289

Part 2..will be nice to see further tests:thumbsup: https://youtu.be/UiDHranj7Sc
My first thought when I see these things is "What do you need all that for?". My second thought here is I bet you could do a mild build on the original engine, add a TAV, re gear, and end up with just as fun a bike without all the bloat, extra weight, fab work and expense.

Don't get me wrong though, this is pretty cool. :smile:

My first thought when I see these things is "What do you need all that for?". My second thought here is I bet you could do a mild build on the original engine, add a TAV, re gear, and end up with just as fun a bike without all the bloat, extra weight, fab work and expense.

Don't get me wrong though, this is pretty cool. :smile:
Their sponsors are paying hehe..it's ok if you're not on a budget :laugh:

I hope they put some sort of heat shield on that exhaust pipe. John got a small burn before he even rode it. It also looked like it had more torque with the muffler. It probably needs some back pressure to run right.

I agree, you could build up a 212 or 301 plop on a torque converter and have more rpm and power than the stock 420.

JMO Danford1

Im glad that they posted this build as I am in the middle of building a semi predator to swap into my ex coleman. I'm debating on going the tav 30 route on my mild build predator. I think Ill steal the idea of putting small battery use the lights. Im going to also swap that headlight with and led replacement from amazon. should help with the runtime. Super nice to have somewhat of a blueprint of others addressing a similar build.