California members best stock up on Predators/Hondas/Etc.

I'm not worried. My friend's parents visit from Arizona on a regular basis. On their last trip here a couple of weeks ago his dad brought him 2 new hemi Predators. His dad is into minibikes too.

toomanytoys

If I lived in California I'd be buying every gas powered piece of equipment I could get my hands on. Be money in the bank in the future!

It'll only be a matter of time before we lose all our gas powered stuff.

I plan on getting a new vehicle and new motorcycle in the next few years. Bike will go in the garage to wait for D day that way it'll be new.

Realistically my 7 and 5 year old may never drive a gas car.

toomanytoys

Tree huggers need to lay off the wine .
It's funny all the pushing to ban fossil fuels our coal demand has went through the roof. We went from $40 a ton to $130 a ton. Actually reopened a mine that was closing! We have rolled 50 million tons out already this year. Company just gave out 15% salary increases.

I need 18 more years and I'll be golden.

To me this will become an all encompassing law. It will offer blanket coverage to anything that is not a licensed, taxed and insured vehicle. Lawn equipment might be the context at the moment but the phrase "off road" covers every aspect of fun. What about drag racers In the very heart of the roots of drag racing? Sand buggies. Well the list is only as short as their imagination... Sad to see it come to this.

This is all a set up to get their own way, you know who I am talking about. Today gas hit $3.25 and diesel hit $4.31 and todays news just mentioned wind and solar power is now equal in price to fossil fuels. We were energy independent last year with gas and diesel at 1/3 less in cost. How f**king dumb do they think we are? I'm not looking forward to 3 more years in the toilet bowl economy they put us in!

toomanytoys

This is all a set up to get their own way, you know who I am talking about. Today gas hit $3.25 and diesel hit $4.31 and todays news just mentioned wind and solar power is now equal in price to fossil fuels. We were energy independent last year with gas and diesel at 1/3 less in cost. How f**king dumb do they think we are? I'm not looking forward to 3 more years in the toilet bowl economy they put us in!
For reference steam coal went from 40 dollars a ton to 130 a ton.

We just had a big meeting about this last week. They want to ramp up production! I've been working at a coal mine for 20 years now. Market has been up and down forever but this is the highest I've ever seen our sale price. Our cost delivered is around $30 a ton.

What are they going to do with all the dead batteries?
More than likely they will be recycled similar to the millions of lead acid automotive and truck batteries that are recycled every year. Also there could be a core fee similar to L/A batteries to incentivize people to not just throw them into the garbage.

desert rat

How much does it cost to dispose of a Tesla battery?

Recycling costs Tesla about $4.50 per pound of battery. Assuming a Tesla battery is 1,500 pounds, it costs about $6,750 to recycle an entire Tesla battery pack.Jul 23, 2021
Right. That's worth it.

300,000 to 500,000 miles

According to SolarReviews, the current batteries in Teslas are designed to last for 300,000 to 500,000 miles. After that point, the battery will likely need to be replaced. SolarReviews points out that a Tesla battery might still work beyond 500,000 miles, although with a reduced range per charge.Sep 16, 2021

What is the cost of a replacement battery for a Tesla Model 3?
In a tweet last week Tesla CEO, Elon Musk, indicated the cost of replacing battery modules in the companies Model 3 will cost about $3000 – $7000 USD. Not a bad price considering the current batteries are designed to last 300,000 to 500,000 miles, which is the equivalent of 1,500 cycles.

For those that can't count that high total cost for the battery replacement and recycle fee is $13,750

Last edited: