Can’t find serial number on Taco

race

That appears to be a 44. There's no frame strap off of the forward seat mount bracket, for a fuel tank which would have indicated a 66. And that is a Series 1? chassis with the round tube chainstays. And the dreaded combo swingarm pivot/jackshaft. There were two more later design changes to fix the swingarm pivot issues.

On my 44, the s/n is stamped into the side of the lower left frame cradle tube, just forward of the left foot peg.

Try looking on the frame on the left side lower tube
That appears to be a 44. There's no frame strap off of the forward seat mount bracket, for a fuel tank which would have indicated a 66. And that is a Series 1? chassis with the round tube chainstays. And the dreaded combo swingarm pivot/jackshaft. There were two more later design changes to fix the swingarm pivot issues.

On my 44, the s/n is stamped into the side of the lower left frame cradle tube, just forward of the left foot peg.

I don't see any numbers....puzzled.

Attachments

race

Possibly the location of the S/N moved over the years? Maybe previous owner ground it off?
I attached a pic of one. bandicam 2020-09-27 23-06-48-893.jpg

Maybe one of the OG Taco experts can weigh in?

sonerenos

the earlier tubular swing arm tacos had the serial number on the left swing arm, on the top side of the tubing, you almost cleared the paint off the location of the serial number on the left swing arm. I have seen many many many tacos that did not have a serial number as well. not all left with a serial number, some were sold un-painted, some were sold as bare frames, some were sold complete. I am sure lots of back door bikes were sold as well. Nothing in my statement is actually confirmed, just something i have come up with being one of the few who have had every year make and model taco produced under one roof at the same time to compare apples to apples. as Race said, you have a 1966 taco 44. serial number shous read 6T***

sonerenos

his is still probably on the swing arms. im just saying the serial number is most likely on the top of the tubing as opposed to the side of the tubing where he had taken the paint off. very likely the serial number is already been worn down also.

i believe they started to date them in 65'ish. so those serial numbers your referenceing @Broke Joke would be 1964. im my theory....

IMG_1740 (002).jpg