Can anyone ID this mini bike? Heathkit or Heald?

I picked up this bike the other day thinking it was a boonie bike but now i'm not quite sure. Toward the front of the engine plate has what I think is the serial number, it reads "SER.00040". Those are the only markings ive found on it so far. I think the original color was red.

The footpeg rubbers are Hunt Wilde. The rear footpegs appear to be added by the previous owner. I don't see any markings on the seat.

It came with a bag of random bits and pieces. The jackshaft assembly looks like it was butchered with a big hammer and grinder. The clutch is a comet.

Attachments

Do I dare say its not a Heald or a Heathkit?

I'm looking at how the frame connects to the triple tree mounting shaft ... Healds and Heathkits loop around ... these don't ...

Interesting ...

Yep that's the one! Thank you very much Marcus!! I wish I would have asked sooner...I spent half my Sunday pouring over photos and trying to figure it out:smile:

If anyone has any photos i'd love to see them. Or any info for that matter...I cant seem to find much on the internet so far.

Marcus is our resident genius especially when it comes to obscure and rare makes and models, one of our top IDers if not the top and a good guy to do business with on rare and obscure parts.
Yep that's the one! Thank you very much Marcus!! I wish I would have asked sooner...I spent half my Sunday pouring over photos and trying to figure it out:smile:

If anyone has any photos i'd love to see them. Or any info for that matter...I cant seem to find much on the internet so far.

markus

I do have some better brochure photos/info stored on my computer that I downloaded off an ebay listing last year. Its not super extensive info, just a 2 sided mailer and pricing sheet. I'm not loading up pics online right now since the current photo server issues etc., But I will be happy email them to you if you want. Just private message me your email addy when you get a chance.