Can anyone tell me what frame this is and how much you would pay for it?

I recently purchased a Baja DB30R and am now interested in building my own mini bike from scratch. My friend is selling this frame, but I have not been able to identify it online. Can anybody help? Also, how much do you think it is worth? He said it only has rust on the bottom rear of the frame.

Attachments

I'm sure someone will be along to help identify it, but you won't get a valuation here. It's against the site policies. Sorry. Standard answer is "it's worth what someone will pay for it".

Once you figure out what it is, a few minutes on Google should help you find similar ones that have sold or are for sale. If you put the following statement at the end of your search words, Google will search only Craigslist, or whatever site you choose to focus on...

site:craigslist.org

capguncowboy

It's a Sears Roper -- with some different/modified forks. The lights weren't original, and I actually think they're off a 67 or 68 Rupp.

Photo was taken by Benelli 65

It is a Sears Roper but it is the large wheel version that came with headlights and electric start. Those are the correct headlight and taillight for the bike. The box in front is for a small battery.

Last edited:
that guy (seller) is on something....I went and looked at that bike, it was beyond toast. there is not one item on that bike that isnt rusted solid, I mean nothing moves, turns, compresses, nothing... its heavily pitted and pretty much toast. The guy told me he has seen one on ebay for 6,500 and he thinks he has a diamond there and for a couple hours of powder coating I would have a near priceless mini. All he knows mini is the word "rupp" and he said this one is 4 times more expensive. I tried to explain for him to go to OldMiniBikes and see what the masses say it is and get some real world information on what he has, but he knows everything and didnt want to hear anything, he swore it had a honda 100 on it stock. I know it doesnt look that bad in the pictures and I thought the same thing and drove almost 40 miles one way to see it.
I walked away and told him good luck with his sale.
He calls me the next day and asks me how much to powder the frame and I told him it was to far gone for me to invest my time into, he said he was going to cut the rust pitting out and replace and I asked, Your going to build a whole new frame?
If I walked away from it, you know it has to be very very rough, I save a lot of bikes and walked on this one.

Last edited:
If I walked away from it, you know it has to be very very rough, I save a lot of bikes and walked on this one.
LOL. There are some bikes out there that are worth replacing 75% of the frame for. No offense to anyone, but a Sears Roper is not one of them. But then I drove 3 hours each way to buy a very bent and rusted Cat 250 frame, so what do I know! :laugh:

that guy (seller) is on something....I went and looked at that bike, it was beyond toast. there is not one item on that bike that isnt rusted solid, I mean nothing moves, turns, compresses, nothing... its heavily pitted and pretty much toast. The guy told me he has seen one on ebay for 6,500 and he thinks he has a diamond there and for a couple hours of powder coating I would have a near priceless mini. All he knows mini is the word "rupp" and he said this one is 4 times more expensive. I tried to explain for him to go to OldMiniBikes and see what the masses say it is and get some real world information on what he has, but he knows everything and didnt want to hear anything, he swore it had a honda 100 on it stock. I know it doesnt look that bad in the pictures and I thought the same thing and drove almost 40 miles one way to see it.
I walked away and told him good luck with his sale.
He calls me the next day and asks me how much to powder the frame and I told him it was to far gone for me to invest my time into, he said he was going to cut the rust pitting out and replace and I asked, Your going to build a whole new frame?
Thanks for the info. I had a feeling it was rusted pretty bad from the photos. I had him down to what I though was a decent price and then he went and painted the frame blue. Now he is asking $25 more for paint and labor. I said thanks but no thanks.