can some one build me a jack shaft?

toomanytoys

jackshaft

got an idea of how you need to lay it out? thats pretty broad, for a million dollars i will send you a 5/8s jack shaft, two spacers, two sprockets and 2 bearings )

What kind of bike is it for? You can buy a jackshaft kit and cut to length, most kart supply places have them cheap. Some jack shafts for popular bikes are being reproduced and still available

All you really need is maybe an Allen wrench and hack saw, maybe a little filing or grinding and you're there!

oh, and maybe a tape measure to get the size!

o i know but could ya just throw me a boone and give me a lil lesson?:grind:
OK....Go over to the stock rack and cut a piece of 5/8 bar stock .080 longer than your finished shaft length. Go over to the lathe and face it to length and put your snap ring grooves in it. Then go over to the milling machine and mill the 3/16 wide x 3/32 deep key slot in it. Deburr all the sharp edges.
Presto !!!! You just made a JackShaft.

Do I need to go through how to machine the plates that you need to attach to the bike as well.:shrug:

OK well if you want to learn how to DO something then the best way is to just ................DO IT!

But before spending a dime think about what it is you need/want and then work through the plan with the tools you have available to you or that you want to buy and go for it.

Right now I can think of doing a jackshaft without having to use a welder or anything other than simple hand tools.It wouldnt look as slick as a welded on jackshaft but it would/could work.