Can someone please tell me what this is?

Harquebus

Charles S should rely on his gut instincts more often because his "maybe" should be an "it is" ;)

99% certain it's a Yerf Dog 32001. I found a manual for it: http://www.bmikarts.com/PDF/32001_F.pdf
That's a good manual--tells how to adjust the shocks and thereby the front wheel camber.

It appears to be missing the factory "roll cage" and I put that in quotations because it is actually a brush guard {to keep the twigs and low hanging branches at bay}. That sheet metal on the front isn't factory. Unless it was completely solid and encapsulated the entire front end, it has no use {and is adding extra unneeded weight}. Weight is your enemy.

FYI: All these manuals are on BMI Karts: https://www.bmikarts.com/Yerf-Dog_ep_44-1.html

desert rat

You guys are awesome I am just getting started in the mini bike and go kart scene and I've asked alot if stoopid questions and all I've got back is love. Much respect to everyone!
Thank you for the good comments about this site and welcome to the crazy train. There is so much knowledge on here it's amassing. We all come from different disaplains in life so there are different ways to approach things. Being retired I would rather hang out here then the local barber shop. Hang on and enjoy the ride.

Last edited:
If you look up 'stupid questions' in the dictionary, you may find my picture there.
And mine!

Started out in the industrial construction world... One of the 1st thing i learned, The only stupid question you can ask is the one you don't!

There is untold gobs n gobs of information here to all those that come searching. It's given freely too. I figured out a way to give back was to become a Supporting Member. Cuz i know nuttin honey so i ask alot of questions!

And mine!

Started out in the industrial construction world... One of the 1st thing i learned, The only stupid question you can ask is the one you don't!

There is untold gobs n gobs of information here to all those that come searching. It's given freely too. I figured out a way to give back was to become a Supporting Member. Cuz i know nuttin honey so i ask alot of questions!
People who ask a lot of questions, stupid or not, tend to be the smartest people among us.
Stupid people don't know much, because they do not inquire.

Harquebus

Be on the lookout for older classic go karts, but not the high dollar ones--just the ones with minimal tubing on the frames. "Less is more" in this regard and the suspension arms front and rear, plus the "artful" tube designs like on your Yerf-Dog do add weight.

I just prefer the 6.5 212 engines because of the plentiful hop-ups available, but a 420 would help.. Sorry your kart is such a pig. :)

Harquebus

I don't know whether those are the correct parts for your kart...
According to the manual {in post 7}, A-arms parts #1 and #2 and the given part numbers, they match. You're a good guy Charles S, I don't care what they say about you!

That A-arm could also be fabricated DIY or by a local shop that had a tubing bender, but that seems to be a decent price at the link you provided.