Can the new style DB30 Doodle Bug handle bar be bent like the old style?

I just picked up a DB30 new style mini bike with the swept back handle bar. I'd really like to bend them up to be more like the old style doodle bug. Can someone tell me if this is possible without destroying them? I read a few threads about this but there was never really a clear answer. Someone suggested bending them hot someone else said cold. Someone else asked if a harbor freight pipe bender would work but I couldn't find a thread where someone actually did it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jim

bent em cold with a 3/4 conduit bender, removed the front plastic plate locked it to the bar with someone siting on the bike holding the bars and pulled forward. worked great no kinks steers fine.

Cold bend good!! Hot bend bad!! Been there trust me!! Hot bend buldged and I was not happy with the look!! I heard a conduit bender works great for a cold bend!! I ended up using an old style fork on a new doodle cause I was not happy with a hot bend!!

Hi jdogg, yours was the first post i read when I decided to do this. I think I'll post an ad in the wanted forum for a set of original handle bars. I hate to spend 30 or 40 dollars on a bender I'll only use one time. Maybe this weekend I'll call Home Depot ans ask if they rent them

That would be great but I'm four hours south of San Antonio. My ads would be for Mcallen\Brownsville. Nothing around here but I'll keep checking. I never even thought about Craigslist

Hi jdogg, yours was the first post i read when I decided to do this. I think I'll post an ad in the wanted forum for a set of original handle bars. I hate to spend 30 or 40 dollars on a bender I'll only use one time. Maybe this weekend I'll call Home Depot ans ask if they rent them
Hey Allstar!! Shipping can be a deal killer these days!! A good friend of mine needed some Broncco handle bars and I tried to ship them to him.....$67 just for shipping bare bones!! Cali to Connecticut!! You might try a local equipment rental company for bender if no luck at the big box stores!!

Remove forks , find a local electrician with a 3/4 bender , bring a 12 pack , less than one minute and you are done !!

my flintstoned idea..take fork off put a 2x4 under each end stand knees bent on fork where you want bend and bounce..checking frequently..maybe get a little bend..enough...you can stop laughing now :D

WOW, vintagemoneypit. Looking good! I like what you did with the seat aswell.
thanks its just the stock seat flipped backwards drill a hole through the back handle at an angle to match the seat pan and mark the front holes predrill and some #14 screws. makes for a little more room for adult riders but the seats still as uncomfortable as at was facing the other direction. i also removed all the doodlebug logos just some lacquer thinner on clean shop rags and it wipes off.

my flintstoned idea..take fork off put a 2x4 under each end stand knees bent on fork where you want bend and bounce..checking frequently..maybe get a little bend..enough...you can stop laughing now :D
I want a video of you doing this Raskin!!!! :lol:

thanks its just the stock seat flipped backwards drill a hole through the back handle at an angle to match the seat pan and mark the front holes predrill and some #14 screws. makes for a little more room for adult riders but the seats still as uncomfortable as at was facing the other direction. i also removed all the doodlebug logos just some lacquer thinner on clean shop rags and it wipes off.
Sounds good! I'm going to give that a try. Looks like you upgraded the engine too. I need to bend my bars like yours too. Looks way better!