Can Y'all ID this bike? May be my 2016 buildoff entry

rugblaster

Can someone ID this lil puppy? It looks original, except it's missing the gas tank. It has coil overs on the seat, springs on the front fork, a torque converter, jack shaft and lots of chrome. It has a band brake on the rear hub. It is a pretty cool looking bike.

Also any art work examples, like logos, so I can get those made.

Thanks for any input you may provide.

capguncowboy

Mtd

Here's the one I picked up last year. Comfy bike -- great ride, but so ugly...

Mine is the version with the forkplate on it. Yours is open, so it might be a TrailFlight ss400

Last edited:
MTD Trail Flight SS400 or variant sold elsewhere, Capgun got it right. I have had a closed fork plate badged as one and now have a Flying "O" OTASCO badged version also with a plate. Ugly in a way but they ride nice and steer like a K&S Hornet Deluxe with perfect rake and trail.

Last edited:

rugblaster

Thanks for the ID Capgun, Manchester and Outlaw

As I look at it, it is sort of "dumpy" looking, but it's almost all there. It looks like the original engine.

What about this one? It's pretty much all here too. I don't know who made this one either. It has a better look to it. Anyone know what this is?

capguncowboy

Yes, Bird Duck or Sears Drover. I'm with Dave. That one needs to just be cleaned up and polished. The original paint looks to be in really good shape, just a little dirty.

Did you finally figure out who owns the building that you found these bikes in?

Yes, Bird Duck or Sears Drover. I'm with Dave. That one needs to just be cleaned up and polished. The original paint looks to be in really good shape, just a little dirty.

Did you finally figure out who owns the building that you found these bikes in?
I did.....I made a deal (HUGE deal ala TRUMP) with an attorney that is representing the owner (she is in a local nursing home) she has a sister living in Menard, Texas that will end up with the real property.

I bought 5 mini bikes, a home brewed chopper, two go cart frames, some motors, other misc. parts, old signs, and a gas pump.

Last edited: