Can You Help me ID my Mini Bike

Ok here is the story behind this little mini bike. My dad bought this mini bike for me when I was 7 or 8 years olds, sometime in the early 70's. One day me and my brother, he was 3 or 4 years old, was riding on the back, when I crashed in the yard. My mother made my dad sell it and that was the last time I saw it. About 15 years ago I wondered who my dad had sold the mini bike to. My dad told me who he sold it to and where he tought he lived. I knew of the man and he still lived close to the old neighborhood. I went by to see if he still had my old mini bike, He yes he had it, of course I asked if it was for sale and would like to buy it. He politely said no and I had to leave without even getting to see it. Now fast forward to this week. Out of the blue I got a phone call from the man who had my mini bike and he asked if I still wanted to buy it. I said yes and was at his house as soon as I got off work. When he opened the garage there it was, exactly as I remembered. He said it was exactly like it was when he got it from my dad. He said it had been sitting for over 20 years. I quickly paid him and now it is mine again. I cannot find any tags or identifcation on it. I would really like to know what model it is. If I cannot find out thats ok too just glad to get it back after 45 or so years. It now has its forever home. Thanks.

Attachments

Ok here is the story behind this little mini bike. My dad bought this mini bike for me when I was 7 or 8 years olds, sometime in the early 70's. One day me and my brother, he was 3 or 4 years old, was riding on the back, when I crashed in the yard. My mother made my dad sell it and that was the last time I saw it. About 15 years ago I wondered who my dad had sold the mini bike to. My dad told me who he sold it to and where he tought he lived. I knew of the man and he still lived close to the old neighborhood. I went by to see if he still had my old mini bike, He yes he had it, of course I asked if it was for sale and would like to buy it. He politely said no and I had to leave without even getting to see it. Now fast forward to this week. Out of the blue I got a phone call from the man who had my mini bike and he asked if I still wanted to buy it. I said yes and was at his house as soon as I got off work. When he opened the garage there it was, exactly as I remembered. He said it was exactly like it was when he got it from my dad. He said it had been sitting for over 20 years. I quickly paid him and now it is mine again. I cannot find any tags or identifcation on it. I would really like to know what model it is. If I cannot find out thats ok too just glad to get it back after 45 or so years. It now has its forever home. Thanks.
Looks like a Stellar frame and fork. But i think it may be a Cheeftah Made in Brooklyn NY. They came with Clinton engines. The wheels and fenders do not look original to the bike if it was a Stellar. Stellar did make a 4" model but the rims were 2 piece and had a separate bolt on hub. Not 1 piece. The fenders would mount under the mounting tabs and never seen them with ribs on them. I have the original Stellar brochure i will double check in a minute. Never saw one with that model Clinton engine on it. Gimme a few minutes.
Greg

Last edited: