Can you identify hp by muffler location?

myjunk

I thought I read once that it is possible to determine the hp of an old Tecumseh by the location of the muffler. As you can see in the picture the serial number is covered up by the gas tank, so I cant tell by looking there. This is a picture the guy sent me of the engine.

Attachments

If i remember correctly, an H35 would have intake on the right, and exhaust on the left. Whereas an Hs40/Hs-50 would have the intake on the left, and the exhaust on the right (looking at the rear of the engine).

Triley41395

I thought I read once that it is possible to determine the hp of an old Tecumseh by the location of the muffler. As you can see in the picture the serial number is covered up by the gas tank, so I cant tell by looking there. This is a picture the guy sent me of the engine.
I think hs40 can be either way depending on year. Maybe hs50 also but all of my 50s are intake left/exhaust right (73,75,78,79).
My hs40 on my rupp(not original) is intake intake right exhaust left. Screenshot_20221119_113414_Gallery.jpg

That's an H30, or H35. Exhaust on left. First thing I look at when I spot on on a table at the flea markets or garage sales..