Cant figure out the model of this mini bike

1971_MB1A

It's funny rupps are valued so high because they're are a dime a dozen around me, granted they're usually stripped to the bone but I could have had 20 by now if I wanted them. The full suspension foxes in any shape rarely ever show up. I've only ever seen 4 or 5 for sale since I started looking for bikes, only one or two of them were complete enough and low enough priced to be worth buying.

From what I've seen regarding what mini bikes sell for, I think 1000 is defiantly to high for what you have. Its a nice bike and since you plan on keeping it I would just be happy knowing you have a bike a lot of people would love to have regardless of value.

the motor you have is a 3hp. The exhaust is on the left and the intake is on the right so its defiantly a 3hp, if the intake and exhaust were reversed then it would be a 4hp. I'm not sure what that bike originally came with but I would think it would have been an hs40.
I agree with you on the Rupp dime a dozen thing. They are a pretty decent bike but not really that rare other than maybe the Black Widow. I usually tend to like the underdog bikes a bit more than the brands and models that were most popular but to each their own.

toomanytoys

Rupp got expensive because of that pawn stars episode.

I like my black widow but I didn't pay big money for it. 600 I think, running and riding with quite a few new parts.

The OP hasn't been back in almost 3 years, the day after he joined, posted his new find and everyone told him it wasn't worth what he thought...:D

He did not get the answer he wanted so he took his bike and went home! He is also an ungrateful SOB as he never once thanked anyone for their information/replies.
Michael

cfh

Rupp's are good bikes, and you can get parts for them. That's a bonus. Personally i like the 1971/1972 Enduro (12" wheel) model the best. Outfitted with a Dellorto and a Black Widow exhaust (which you can buy!), and it's basically a colorized version of the black widow. I'm thinking the Enduro is more rare than a black widow too. Now a hidden gem is the Rupp 10" wheel 1971/1972 Hustler model. If you have ever ridden one, you know what i mean... Again this bike with a dellorto carb and a black widow exhaust is pretty darn awesome. Roadster2 models i generally avoid, and are certainly the most populous. The lights do nothing for me... but again if you add a dellorto and bw exhaust, it's a pretty good ride! The 10" spoked wheel 1970 Rupp models i don't dig much. I'm not entirely sure why, but they just don't do it for me. Maybe it's the external spring front suspension and how the front fender is mounted...

The thing about riding a 12" wheel Rupp is, it forces you to the front of the seat when you ride. This is unlike a Speedway, that rides better when you hanging on the back edge of the seat, and wants you to be there. For this reason, i dig the Speedways (both 10" and 14" wheel versions) better than Rupps, as the ride is just better. And speedways are pretty rare (much more so than a Rupp).

Last edited:

flpmurphy

Rupp's are good bikes, and you can get parts for them. That's a bonus. Personally i like the 1971/1972 Enduro (12" wheel) model the best. Outfitted with a Dellorto and a Black Widow exhaust (which you can buy!), and it's basically a colorized version of the black widow. I'm thinking the Enduro is more rare than a black widow too. Now a hidden gem is the Rupp 10" wheel 1971/1972 Hustler model. If you have ever ridden one, you know what i mean... Again this bike with a dellorto carb and a black widow exhaust is pretty darn awesome. Roadster2 models i generally avoid, and are certainly the most populous. The lights do nothing for me... but again if you add a dellorto and bw exhaust, it's a pretty good ride! The 10" spoked wheel 1970 Rupp models i don't dig much. I'm not entirely sure why, but they just don't do it for me. Maybe it's the external spring front suspension and how the front fender is mounted...

The thing about riding a 12" wheel Rupp is, it forces you to the front of the seat when you ride. This is unlike a Speedway, that rides better when you hanging on the back edge of the seat, and wants you to be there. For this reason, i dig the Speedways (both 10" and 14" wheel versions) better than Rupps, as the ride is just better. And speedways are pretty rare (much more so than a Rupp).
I picked a hustler up a few weeks ago and was surprised how well they rode.

Attachments

cfh

The Rupp Hustler is outstanding. It's the same motor/torque converter as a Black Widow or Enduro too, but on a 10" wheel bike. The dynamics of a 10" wheel versus a 12" wheel are just better for the Tecumseh. And if you install a Dellorto and a BW exhaust, you now have a black widow on a 10" wheel bike. It's the hidden gem of the Rupp line. Way cheaper than a BW or Roadster2 also.

1971_MB1A

I have a 1971 blue Hustler,and a green 1971 Scrambler that I ride quite often.