can't get animal to idle

trinik7597

got a used animal was used for go kart when it had a restrictor plate on it ran fine took the carb apart cleaned it removed plate now it runs ok but will not idle not too familiar with the adjustment on the walbro pz carb please help . i do not think it was running meth would it run on gas if it was :shrug:

it would run on gas, but would be very rich, if you are able to, find out from who you got the animal from if they were running meth, if it was re-jetted for meth, you'll wana get yourself factory gasoline jets.

the larger screw is your high speed, the smaller is your low speed adjustment.

it takes trial and error to get yourself a good tune, just need to play with it, be sure to keep an eye on the color of your spark plug after each adjustment you make.

hope this helps.

trinik7597

thank you mb4life the guy I got it from was a little screwy ran it for me with gas so I am assuming that is what he was using but when I asked him he says it will run on both :eek:ut: I knew it would not run well on meth with out a re jet so I figured I would just leave it alone I set the adjustment after cleaning where it was with the restrictor plate on it which was about half the diameter of the venturi it takes fuel fine just won't idle so that would be the small screw ?

The idle circuit has some really small jets.

The only time I had trouble with mine idling was when they got clogged up after about a year. I would race it maybe once a month and let it sit with gas in it between races. Finally, got to where it was hard to start and idled lousy. So, I took off the carb and cleaned it and it ran like new.

Compared to other carbs, like 6.5hp clone carb, the Animal carb is a very nice carb. Not knocking the 6.5hp carb, but Animal carb is superior (costs a lot more too). :thumbsup:

trinik7597

carb is spotless the only reason it would not idle is because it was re jetted for meth and I was trying to run gas in it so I switched it back should be fine now going to run it tomorrow and see :thumbsup:

anybody know off hand what the stock gas jet size for the animal is ? have 93 to 98 alchy jet I pulled has no # on it to go by thanks
The stock gas jet is a 95. I think the pilot jet is a 32. The emulsion tube is the same. The gas nozzle is smaller than the alky one. The needle should be a BGB. Jim at Faster Motors is the best. He is one of the most knowledgable animal builders in the country.