Can't get off the bottle. . .

My clone is a :censure: to start. the engine is completly stock minus cone filter/GX390 carb/extension tube. To start it I have to pull the filter off and giver a good shot of starter fluid and rip it with the choke fully on. Once/if this method finally works I need to run it for awhile choke on to warm it up then hopefully its happy enough to ride, if it doesnt stall after I turn the choke off and return the filter to its proper local. It runs happy (tough off the start and nice top end...lags about mid way though) but if it stalls its back to the bottle. I have plans on evenutally getting a straight header and all the fixings to safely remove the govener. but till then I need some advice. The engine gets fuel fine, the fly wheel is rusty but produces a nice spark. Could there be too much back pressure with the stock box exhuast? i have about 7-8 weeks till I start racing and any advice would be great. Also if anyone knows where I could get parts in or around windsor/sarnia Canada that would also help a lot.
Rover

125ccCrazy

sounds like too much carb for a bone stock engine and exhaust... Your getting gobs of air but the engine can't pull the fuel.... a header will some and upping the compression will help to burn all that fuel and air once it stays running..