canuk's - "lil Geronimo" - (Vintage Class)

Thanks for the extra input. The reason I'm interested is that I also have a Briggs 5hp chassis that I'm going to try and get ready for the build off before the cutoff date. I had been planning on restoring it for a while now and having somebody else doing one is motivating. You don't see these very often.

I had edited because I had thought they only came with 6" wheels. After doing some looking Bill is correct and it looks like they came with the 4" wheels. I'm really confused because my chassis came with the original fenders and they measure out to match the 6". I've got to mock up this bike soon.

Edit: Addition of catalog images.
Ok, I had originally posted (and then erased) that I believe they came with 6" as mine is set up for 6" wheels. I know this is mine because it still retains the Forest Green paint under the respray and the fenders are correct for 6" wheels. What you'll notice here is that it has a shallower fuel tank. This catalog was from around 1967 or 1968 I believe which was the last of the Briggs. The other catalog which was probably from right before this one and it shows the Model 700 with 4" wheels so we're both right according to the catalogs.

View attachment 92881

View attachment 92882

Sorry about the low res pics! It's the best I could do on short notice but I hope it helps guide you some.
A shallower wouid work I had thought trying one I had thats a third tank also I thought they raised the fender mount in the fork for 6 in wheels didnt know how much so I measured my 4in wheels and there about 1 1/4 and the fork on this bike is on a angle 1 3/16 and 1 3/8 i will post a pic later also if you get a chance could you measure your fender mount

markus

Thanks for the extra input. The reason I'm interested is that I also have a Briggs 5hp chassis that I'm going to try and get ready for the build off before the cutoff date. I had been planning on restoring it for a while now and having somebody else doing one is motivating. You don't see these very often.

I had edited because I had thought they only came with 6" wheels. After doing some looking Bill is correct and it looks like they came with the 4" wheels. I'm really confused because my chassis came with the original fenders and they measure out to match the 6". I've got to mock up this bike soon.

Edit: Addition of catalog images.
Ok, I had originally posted (and then erased) that I believe they came with 6" as mine is set up for 6" wheels. I know this is mine because it still retains the Forest Green paint under the respray and the fenders are correct for 6" wheels. What you'll notice here is that it has a shallower fuel tank. This catalog was from around 1967 or 1968 I believe which was the last of the Briggs. The other catalog which was probably from right before this one and it shows the Model 700 with 4" wheels so we're both right according to the catalogs.

View attachment 92881

View attachment 92882

Sorry about the low res pics! It's the best I could do on short notice but I hope it helps guide you some.
your first pic from the red brochure, was what the 1969 lineup was to be. You can tell by the mags and change in handlebars on the 4500-7000 bikes of course (blue brochure was the 1970-full change to tecumseh), the 2nd pic is the 1968 lineup.

Thanks for the input and support.

Thanks for the input and support,removed paint from frame today ,thought might find some clean metal,no luck just lots of rust

i

20170116_143153_1485040024250_resized.jpg 20170119_125804_1485040022413_resized.jpg 20170121_125019_1485040020825_resized.jpg

bought B and G rust remover at a fall swap meet seems to work well ,only used a paint brush on the engine plate and fork .left it for about ten minutes a washed if off,used a pint to do complete frame and fork used still wool on heavy areas tookabout a hour,then used die grinder and fibre discs,still have to weld hole in fork,fender bracket,and some on the frame

20170123_154553_resized.jpg 20170131_163547_resized.jpg 20170131_163748_1485903741469_resized.jpg 20170131_164248_resized.jpg

welded extra holes in fork,fitted fenders to tires had to spread, put them on floor and stood on them,doesnt show to well in pic but fenders have full contact with tires

View attachment 93582 View attachment 93583 View attachment 93584 View attachment 93585

welded extra holes in fork,fitted fenders to tires had to spread, put them on floor and stood on them,doesnt show to well in pic but fenders have full contact with tires
You may have originally got fenders for 4" wheels. Definitely not your traditional metal working fix but it looks like you managed to make it work.

So do you still need any dimensions? My 5 horse Indian still has it's original fenders and can measure whatever you need.

Ain't it fun filling another man's hacks on a frame?:hammer::grind:Your frame looks to be in much better condition than mine so hopefully you won't be doing as many divot welds as I had to.:thumbsup: Love those wheels!

20170201_075640_resized.jpg 20170201_080215_resized.jpg
Thanks everyone.I mounted rear fender ,mounting holes should be 5 1/2 from fender edge but had to go 4 1/2 to clear tank.There azusa fenders same as 4 inch wheel just 3/8 wider,I have spread them in a press before but its so much fasted just putting on floor and stepping on them also serial number is 39815

You may have originally got fenders for 4" wheels. Definitely not your traditional metal working fix but it looks like you managed to make it work.

So do you still need any dimensions? My 5 horse Indian still has it's original fenders and can measure whatever you need.
If you could let me know distance from lower fork plate to fender bracket also fender length upper and lower ,width and distance from fender edge to mounting holes
Thanks again

If you could let me know distance from lower fork plate to fender bracket also fender length upper and lower ,width and distance from fender edge to mounting holes
Thanks again
No problem at all, I'll do it this evening. I have mine on the stand and will be tagging along in the build off. It's rare to see one Model 700 let alone two in the same build off so this will be fun.