Caper Cycle

Are you the minibike guy Frank mentioned on Ebay who had the 700 and traded down to the 580 because it was scary fast? I can believe that a ported 700 would he a handful on that little bike. Anyway it looks awesome like all your bikes, good luck with the sale. I'd try to get it if I were a west coaster and could pick it up so as not to have a stranger transport it, I have always wanted one but in the years I've been trading in minis I have never even seen one in person. A great job refurbishing a truly iconic minibike.:thumbsup:

Are you the minibike guy Frank mentioned on Ebay who had the 700 and traded down to the 580 because it was scary fast? I can believe that a ported 700 would he a handful on that little bike. Anyway it looks awesome like all your bikes, good luck with the sale. I'd try to get it if I were a west coaster and could pick it up so as not to have a stranger transport it, I have always wanted one but in the years I've been trading in minis I have never even seen one in person. A great job refurbishing a truly iconic minibike.:thumbsup:
Yes!! I put the 700 on the Caper thinking it would be fun to see how they raced them back in the time.. Needless to say riding it definetly separates the men from the stupid. Lol:scared: I rode it once and that was it. When it started two stroking on the power curve.. I was done..:laugh: Here a link:

Caper Cycle West Bend 700 - YouTube

I knew it once I read where you got the engine. Once a ported 700 finds the powerband you have a rocket ship engine, a buddy had an early 60s Caretta kart with twin 700s and it spooked me at MacArthur Park speedway when it lifted the inside front wheel around corners and I ran out of nerve before it ran out of power. Good times!
Yes!! I put the 700 on the Caper thinking it would be fun to see how they raced them back in the time.. Needless to say riding it definetly separates the men from the stupid. Lol:scared: I rode it once and that was it. When it started two stroking on the power curve.. I was done..:laugh: Here a link:

Caper Cycle West Bend 700 - YouTube

I knew it once I read where you got the engine. Once a ported 700 finds the powerband you have a rocket ship engine, a buddy had an early 60s Caretta kart with twin 700s and it spooked me at MacArthur Park speedway when it lifted the inside front wheel around corners and I ran out of nerve before it ran out of power. Good times!
Yes. I can't imagine in the old days they raced these with 700s on a circle track.. crazy!!!

Hounddog

Hey Capercycle, nice looking Caper in good condition! Thanks for sharing the pictures, we all enjoy seeing these nice old bikes!

Hey Jack's, I cannot believe you sold your Caper?? Is the Van for sale too? Just kidding.....Hope all is well up there.....:thumbsup: HD