carburetor problems

im sorry if this question is dead obvious. my bike had its carb started leaking a couple weeks ago,
i checked the float, it works fine.
i put a new o ring between the bowl and the aluminum, still leaks.
then i put in a o ring where the lower bolt was (it looks to be leaking from there) still leaks, but very slowly ( like a drop a minute)
after about 3 hours i got to a point where the carb will leak only if i shake the bike (not sure if this is normal, ive never worked on carbs before)
the bike runs fine but im not a fan of fuel leaking near a hot exhaust....
any help would be appreciated!

First im not an expert but it has been my experience that the needle under the float needs a new little gasket...if it’s not happy fuel will leak from what seems everywhere....I believe page 17 of the manual covers what I speak of....

Is this a Tecumseh carburetor? If so, it's not uncommon to have the leaks you describe. You can adjust the float correctly, and still have fuel pass when you put the bike on it's kick stand. That adjustment is designed for a level engine.

If you shake the bike with a full bowl of fuel, it will leak out of the upper atmospheric vent.

If you are referring to the O ring in the lower jet (the high speed jet assembly) sometimes it helps to pull all of that out, and then reinstall it. They get nicked easily, and definitely suffer if someone over-tightens the jet.

It sounds like you have everything adjusted correctly, and from someone who has a long term war going on with these carburetors, if you have the engine running right, and it's just a drip every now and then, a fuel shut off valve at the tank will make everything go away. I like to use them on all of my machines. It gives me one more thing to forget to do when starting them. (grin)

Daves right. I had the same problem with a Tec. I bought a shut off valve on E Bay. I close the valve while it’s running to drain the float bowl at the end of a ride.

I close the valve while it’s running to drain the float bowl at the end of a ride.
Do this with every piece of equipment that allows it. This not only helps to prevent leaks, but also helps to prevent that nasty alcohol from damaging the carburetor if it sits for awhile before the next use. Run alcohol-fee gasoline if it's available in your area.

Is this a Tecumseh carburetor? If so, it's not uncommon to have the leaks you describe. You can adjust the float correctly, and still have fuel pass when you put the bike on it's kick stand. That adjustment is designed for a level engine.

If you shake the bike with a full bowl of fuel, it will leak out of the upper atmospheric vent.

If you are referring to the O ring in the lower jet (the high speed jet assembly) sometimes it helps to pull all of that out, and then reinstall it. They get nicked easily, and definitely suffer if someone over-tightens the jet.

It sounds like you have everything adjusted correctly, and from someone who has a long term war going on with these carburetors, if you have the engine running right, and it's just a drip every now and then, a fuel shut off valve at the tank will make everything go away. I like to use them on all of my machines. It gives me one more thing to forget to do when starting them. (grin)
no i have a honda clone carb, (same one on a predator) the only thing i did is change the jet (no idea if this matters, just decied to include it)
it leaked when i got it, but i got it to a point where it only leaks when i brake hard (looks to be coming out of the bowl, possible overflow?) i run 91 and its ethinal free (according to the pump) so im just going to leave it and see if it fixes itself ( im just tired of working on the carb. and hey its just a mini bike, its not ment to be perfect!)

no i have a honda clone carb, (same one on a predator) the only thing i did is change the jet (no idea if this matters, just decied to include it)
it leaked when i got it, but i got it to a point where it only leaks when i brake hard (looks to be coming out of the bowl, possible overflow?) i run 91 and its ethinal free (according to the pump) so im just going to leave it and see if it fixes itself ( im just tired of working on the carb. and hey its just a mini bike, its not ment to be perfect!)
Honda clone carbs were $20 OldMiniBikes last November, that included new fuel line and better grade hose clamps. I look close at the intake gasket for cracks now, especially at the 6 o’clock spot. Add the fuel shut-off, rec 90, Seafoam, and a new no-spill can, problem solved, maybe.

Honda clone carbs were $20 OldMiniBikes last November, that included new fuel line and better grade hose clamps. I look close at the intake gasket for cracks now, especially at the 6 o’clock spot. Add the fuel shut-off, rec 90, Seafoam, and a new no-spill can, problem solved, maybe.
yea, that would cost me as much as a new carb lol.
theres a fuel shut off installed on the carb. i think im just going to leave it, but thanks for the advice!