Cat 250X chain gaurd pattern

I have a 250X that I am trying to piece back together. I need a chain guard and would buy a reasonable priced one if someone has one for sale. Otherwise I am going to just make my own. If someone has a 250X and would be kind enough to trace the shape of the face for a pattern and tell me how deep the flange is I can fab my own pretty easily. A couple of detailed pics would help for the mounting brackets too. Thanks

Just geto a fiberglass one. Mac sells them. Also, carmine sells the brackets.
Don't really want a fiberglass one but who is Mac?????? I possibly could use it for a pattern to make a metal one. And who is Carmine???? I am still learning the members.... Thanks for the help.

capguncowboy

Mac is MAC on the forums. He's kinda the kooky uncle type that knows far more about bikes than most of us will ever dream. He also is a great source for parts.

Carmine is BigBoyToys (I think). Another great member, but new(er) to OldMiniBikes. I had the pleasure of meeting him at Windber this summer. Great guy and a serious collector of a variety of bikes

There is another member here (SlowGreg) that has medium length guards. He was selling them for $100 shipped with or without the decals. You can remove the tail and make it into a small guard.

cat chain guard

Mac is MAC on the forums. He's kinda the kooky uncle type that knows far more about bikes than most of us will ever dream. He also is a great source for parts.

Carmine is BigBoyToys (I think). Another great member, but new(er) to OldMiniBikes. I had the pleasure of meeting him at Windber this summer. Great guy and a serious collector of a variety of bikes

There is another member here (SlowGreg) that has medium length guards. He was selling them for $100 shipped with or without the decals. You can remove the tail and make it into a small guard.
I HAVE 3 LEFT AND WILL ONLY SELL 1 IT HAS A MINOR SCRATCH....I CAN CUT THE TAIL OFF.....I DO HAVE THE LARGER MX AND ENDURO COVERS THAT LOOK COOL ON ANYTHING.....ITS WAY CHEAPED AND LESS HASSLE TO BUY THE REAL DEAL......CHECk OUT A CLARK MFG CAST COVER .....$100 SHIPPED PAYPAL OMD DEAL!!!!!!

Thanks for the replies guys. Greg I would buy one of those if it wasn't chrome. The 250's were painted.... Just my luck. I do have a generous member sending me a pattern off of an original so I will just try my hand at making one I guess.

Thanks Capgun I appreciate the info. I will see if I can catch up with MAC before I take on making one.....

image.jpg . This is the fiberglass repop with the tail cut off. ( even if drilled the hole to close to the decal:oops: ... they look pretty darn close to all the photos I've seen and real good from 4 feet.

View attachment 87887 . This is the fiberglass repop with the tail cut off. ( even if drilled the hole to close to the decal:oops: ... they look pretty darn close to all the photos I've seen and real good from 4 feet.
That does look nice but I enjoy the challenge of fabricating a correct replacement. I have the tools and the knowledge and the ability and the want, to give it a try. I restore cars and make panels for what I need so this will be a cake walk.

There is a possibility that I might build a set of dies and take a shot at stamping it. Just have to buy a sheet of Deep Draw Steel. That way I could make more......

Nice looking Cat. Mine is Sunbelt Green...