Cat 250X with BIG MOTOR: HELP!!

snoop

Hello All.

I need help. I am still new to mini bikes so...
I am working on a cat200x with a big motor on it. when I just crack the throttle to engage the clutch, it pops an aggressive wheelie! what can I do to stop this from happening?

my setup: Stock cat 250x, Honda gx200 motor and a Hilliard Extreme Duty clutch - 12 tooth

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

buckeye

Wheelie bar?
Less throttle?:laugh:

How big is your rear sprocket?

That's a whole lotta engine for that small frame.

snoop

Thanks Guys. I don't know about wheelie bars, LOL but Yes, I have the stock 250x rear. why such a big engine? well, like I said. I am new to mini biking. I wanted a reliable engine with a little more hp than stock. I originally wanted a Briggs motor but they are made in china nowadays, so I decided to go with Honda, and since the gx 120. gx 160 and the gx200 are basically the same price. I just went with the gx200. I have a Honda gx340 on my pressure washer and it is very reliable. I was going to sell the original 2.5 Briggs but I think it will be fun to rebuild and maybe put back on the bike.

You can also go up on the clutch teeth. I'm guessing you have a 68t rear sprocket. Going down to a 60t will help but it still may be a handful on such a short wheelbase

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
^^ Yes, Smaller sprocket on the rear is less Torque higher top end.

Larger sprocket on the clutch less revolutions per .

The only issue is once you get under a 12/60 or 5:1 ratio, it becomes very taxing on a stick clutch. I'm not sure where you ride, but it is definitely something to consider.

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

toomanytoys

I put a predator 6.5 on a friends small frame bike a few years ago. It was the same way, never could keep the front end on the ground. The only way to ride it was to lean your head over the front wheel and push down and throttle up. It would still pick the front end up a little but at least you could get moving. But once you were in a normal riding position and touched the throttle it would still flip you over.