Cat 250X

markus

Very cool, did you get the kill switch plate with it? Those were actually called a "blazer" R-2501 model. whatst the date on the engine, might have been one of the blowout bikes when cat was trying to get rid of the leftovers in the later part of 1976 you could buy them for under $94 if you were an employee...

Very cool, did you get the kill switch plate with it? Those were actually called a "blazer" R-2501 model. whatst the date on the engine, might have been one of the blowout bikes when cat was trying to get rid of the leftovers in the later part of 1976 you could buy them for under $94 if you were an employee...

It's an H35 , I'll check date code .

markus

Any other new mini bike in the market at that time was about 119 and up. In "todays money" that would have been about $118 in savings for a comparable low end MB. So if you were in the market for a new mini bike in 1975 and comparing apples to apples that would be a great deal.

chipper, this Duster chopper I had was a later 1974 model, May not apply to the Cat line due to it being a penney's specific model but its serial number was a decal. Unfortunately it was a paper based decal and didn't survive even gentle cleaning....Hell it fell apart with a light wipe of a damp rag just trying to read the number better if I remember right. Looks like the kill switch was robbed off yours in more recent years, can see shiny paint outline for it, bummer! Really nice shape overall though!!!!

This is the only pic I have of my first mini bike, I got it in 1975 so I've been keeping my eye out for one (at lease similar) , it was $50 , no kill switch as I made one out of an old coffee can and clutch guard was missing , I painted it gray as Dad obviously had a can of primer in the shop lol.

Attachments