Cat 400TS rear sprocket/ fenders

bbiggs54

I have front and rear cat fenders for sale 50.00 each, plus 14.35 shipping continental US (from Plymouth MI). I need help with the sprocket size for the rear of my 400 TS I'm currently restoring. The original was tossed long ago, what I had on it when I decided to restore was a 72 tooth generic sprocket, after I ditched the disc brake for a Ruttman style clutch band brake. OldMiniBikes warehouse offers a 68 tooth 8-5/16 diameter, "if you have a Cat with disc brakes this is the sprocket", wondering if this is correct for the TS, being it has the larger rear tire and jackshaft drive. Also OldMiniBikes warehouse offers a 14 x 6 tire with the correct tread pattern "rupp trail tire by coker", I'm thinking this is the correct rear tire for the bike as well, (rear tire long gone too). Any help would be appreciated folks, thanks OldMiniBikes.com!

Attachments

45t

Not sure if this’ll help? I have a smaller sprocket on my son’s 400TS that runs a 40/41 heavy duty chain and its missing the jack shaft setup. I’m pretty sure it’s not original. It works well and will go over 40mph, but I do not know how it would perform with an original jack shaft setup. As far as the rear tire, the original size is 4.00-6 and they are difficult to find. A 14x6 Rupp Trial will work but it is just slightly taller and narrower than the 4.00-6.

Attachments

bbiggs54

Thanks for the reply, the bikes going back pretty much like the day I got it so everything has to be right. Sprocket has to coordinate correctly with the caliper. My Cat answer man is Derek but he must be aol, I sent him a pm but he has yet to respond. thanks