Cat 400TS Very nice Survivor Mac fest Find!

The shorty
Picked up this Cat 400TS at Macfest It was hidden in the back of a guys van named mark who showed up a couple hours before the yard sale ended.

The Story (extended version:biggrin:)

Woke up the morning of Macfest , Late, Friends in a Rush to leave ,Sleepy (stayed up all night waiting for MacFest:laugh:). I had a bunch of parts and frames I wanted to sell but luck almost didn't let me get there. With my wife talking my head off giving me the don't buy any more mini bikes talk I sat and agreed :rolleyes: as I loaded her Poor little car full Of Mini bike goodies.

She didn't say no Bartering :biggrin:

I got in the car begin my Drive ,Oh what's this I smell gasoline? I pull over to the side pop the hood and Yep sure as day My car is no Leaking fuel rapidly . Lucky for me I had a Flat Head and wrench in the car or I wouldn't have got it back on the road. After a few minus of struggle I got it to stop leaking and I was on my way to Macfest:scooter:

While there got Many people asking about the Taco 44 but no takers ,When Mark showed up later on that day He asked about it a couple times along with some parts for a Rupp He had stored in the van.

I asked him what he had for trade or how much he offer for the taco. Once we began to walk to his truck I spotted it a Cat. Didn't know what Kinda Cat but I knew it was a cat.All I could see is The rear hoop still in its original blue glory ,sitting next to it was a bonanza chopper, a Rupp, and a few others Loaded it the van.

Once I saw it I begged him to pull it out and show me it to me so I could begin the Investigation:detective:.

At the point I couldn't stand still , Cat scratch fever was taking over my body:freakout:

He rolled it out and there it was as original as can be, Clutch cover,Kill switch,Seat,Decals,Brake,wheels with the stars ,kickstand, Tec motor, And the 2 speed.

I was super excited and I had to have it:bowdown:
Lucky For me Gt's Hobbies already left the party or they would've got my cat:rolleyes:

We both haggled back and forth for an hour or 2. And couldn't come up with anything. I was about to give up . Then The Cat fever kicked in again:eek:ut::After it coming down to the very last second of the Yard sale When my friends were about to leave and they pulled off Me and Mark made the :deal:

I waved my friends back so I could put it in the back of there car(Thanks guys):thumbsup:

We finally sealed the deal. It was mine:2guns.

He told me he had this bike a very long time . Last time he rode it was 25 years ago , He was riding from his home can't remember where but he was going to Mac's house to hang out .On his way to Mac's he passed a local Denny's where to cops were Eating . He said the cops and him made eye contact with him,shook there heads no at Mark and we both know what that means . Mark already Knew He was in trouble . He acknowledged there presence and began his ride home. He put the mini away and didn't bring it out of the garage for 25 years til Macfest 2012:thumbsup:.

Here is what it looks like after 25 Years in a garage.

45t

Cool story! Everything happens fr a reason. Love the bike too, one of my favorite Cat models. :thumbsup:

Aplyedmind
What a great story and an even better ending..
Mark and I are good friends and have known each other for many years.
The man drives a hard bargin...:deal:
Congratz on a great score and one outstanding Cat. :thumbsup:
Here's a picture for your archives of your bike that was take a few years ago where it sat for those 25 years.
enjoy
Don
PM me if you need a new set of foot peg covers?
I might still have a few pairs.

Great score, Mark! :thumbsup:
Thanks Scott:thumbsup:

Aplyedmind
What a great story and an even better ending..
Mark and I are good friends and have known each other for many years.
The man drives a hard bargin...:deal:
Congratz on a great score and one outstanding Cat. :thumbsup:
Here's a picture for your archives of your bike that was take a few years ago where it sat for those 25 years.
enjoy
Don
PM me if you need a new set of foot peg covers?
I might still have a few pairs.

Its funny how both are names are Mark me and the previous owner :laugh:.
Yeah Great ending in deed the cat is here with its other cat bothers I have locked away in my mini dungeon . :smile:
Thanks for the picture I saved it .

I will Be sending u a PM Don

Thanks
Mark